Dish Pass?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I presume that the 922 does not offer a Dish Pass timer. If not, can Dish Pass be set via DishOnline? Somehow, I expect a "no" to both of those questions. Sigh! Thanks for your answers.

DISH pass and manual timers could be set online using DISH Remote access, but now they did away with DRA. So you would have to go to DISH online and see if you can set it.

Manual timers (to the closest 30 min) are capable with Dish Online, they do not have Dish Pass there.

Last edited:
Dish Pass timers can be set from Dish Remote Access (dish.sling.com) which remains active (for now any way). I've tried them on my VIP922 and they seem to work fine. The 922 doesn't use the "Dish Pass" terminology. It simply lists the channel as "All Channels". Otherwise they look like any other timer.

You can set up manual timers via DRA or Dish OnLine. Reports in other threads say they don't work reliably. An every day manual timer's events appear in the daily schedule but skipped due to incorrect program title. There's a separate event for each day with a different program title. You can unskip each event individually but I have not tried it.

Thanks for the responses. I shall experiment. I understand the 922 is the first of the new generation, but I really hope Dish "fixes" some of the annoyances of the 922 and also add Manual Timers and DishPass like features in the forthcoming XiP's.. I do use both features. Hoping the XiP 813 is a more refined product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts