Dish passing on annual CES presentation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish Network has traditionally made CES in Las Vegas the place where it’s made its biggest announcements. But the satellite TV operator will not be conducting its annual press conference when CES 2017 convenes in Las Vegas in two weeks, a company rep told FierceCable.

When asked why the event was being shelved this year, a Dish rep said, "In recent years, CES has been great for us but our timing is on a bit of a different cycle. Hope to see you there!"

http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/dish-passing-annual-ces-presentation

just my own opinion maybe dish will announce that they are going all HD :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah I posted this about a month ago. :)

And no DISH will not announce they are going all HD since no announcements will be made there.
Well, can't be number one every year. Hopefully some one will be there that can talk more about the dual OTA module and the DPH42 switch. That sure would be exciting news for some of us.

Yeah I posted this about a month ago. :)

And no DISH will not announce they are going all HD since no announcements will be made there.
hey at least i can say scott i gave that ole college try :) i saw this article on tvnewscheck and it was up for today so i wanted to share with you guys.

They update them all the time. :)

I am glad to hear that. I was hoping that there was a mass purchase of new encoders that had better efficiency and they've decided to go full 1080i/720p with the complete color pallette. That probably starts an old debate, but it would be nice to see this happen. I remember this happening at Directv and how much of a difference that made (years ago) - it might have been the Tandberg EN5990 (which is probably way out of date by now).

I used to see updates about this on the Directv side, but never on the Dish side.

Thanks,
Tim

good afternoon my friends i just got done reading the new issue of hopper magazine,Since there is not going to be press news conference in the new issue of the hopper magazine on page 9 you see the ask paris collum . the reporter asked paris a question about CES 2017 and says "You'll will have to wait till CES.Were making some exciting announcements in January-stay tuned"

just read it a little while ago

thanks

Allen bluegras

I thought the annual Team Summit is where most of the big news used to be announced then if I am not mistaken they started doing that at CES instead?

It sounds like the Dish rep said: timing. Whatever it was is not ready for CES debut. I do think some big new in 6 months is possible, IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)