"Dish pause" instead of cancel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I don't know how they did it, but a csr just talked me into a "dish pause" instead of cancelling service. They want to charge me $5/month to suspend service rather than cancel, that way I can come back within the six months if I want. My question is - is there a penalty for coming back if I don't dish pause and pay them $5 /per month?

The kicker after I accepted their deal to keep me from quitting all the way is that they said that there would be another $5 charge in addition to the $5/month because I'm "downgrading" service not canceling. I balked, said forget the whole thing and the waived the $5 downgrade fee.

Should I keep this charade up in case I'm not satisfied with the switch to cable (admittedly I'm not confident that I'll be satisfied with the quality of service from cable but they're offering a great deal of savings) - or should I call another csr and sit on the phone another half hour to finish the job of canceling?

The only difference between pause and cancel is they charge you $5/mo but do not charge you the $25 restart fee when you reconnect.

So cancel service no $5/mo fee and if they want you bad enough they will waive the $25 restart fee to reconnect the account.

Directv will suspend your account for no fee. I do that when I am short and don't have enough money for the bill and I do that during the summer months to save money.

Jim

narnia777 said:
Directv will suspend your account for no fee.

Are you seriously advocating choosing a satellite provider based on how much it costs to NOT use it? :)

Hey Spider...I'll sell you no channels for $2.50 a month! That's half of what DISH charges!:p

Reactions: avediswolf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts