Dish Pause option

Link

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Illinois
A friend has the Dish Pause package option currently. He gets all the preview and shopping channels as well as FeTV/Cozi TV, Blue Highways TV, INSP, and some others. The religious channels also come in as well all for only $5 a month.

A friend has the Dish Pause package option currently. He gets all the preview and shopping channels as well as FeTV/Cozi TV, Blue Highways TV, INSP, and some others. The religious channels also come in as well all for only $5 a month.
So do you have a question? Pause is not a package of programming it is stopping your subscription for a period of time .

Exactly, and it's only allowed for a certain period of time (6 months? 9 months?) in any given year.

So do you have a question? Pause is not a package of programming it is stopping your subscription for a period of time .
Well he gets the shopping, religious, a few basic channels, and the free preview channels, so it is not like the dish receiver is just blank. He still has access to his recorded shows and can pause live TV.

Unless I had a bunch of stuff I valued on an EHD, I would just cancel and sign up as a new customer in 6-9 months. Saves even more money!

Or even just a bunch of stuff on the main hard drive. And I think the new customer window is even shorter than that (120 days?)

Unless I had a bunch of stuff I valued on an EHD, I would just cancel and sign up as a new customer in 6-9 months. Saves even more money!
I agree.
In some cases, you can deactivate a purchased receiver and continue to receive all of the channels listed above without paying the $5 per month. I have a deactivated 501 that I have been using for years, and the only reason why it no longer receives most of the free channels is because of the 8PSK conversion.

I just went on pause. I had 50 timers set but only 5 were for satellite delivered programming. If I last 2 mo. on pause that should tell me I'm missing nothing important. I still have some functionality to the DVR while on pause so it is worth $5.

I just went on pause. I had 50 timers set but only 5 were for satellite delivered programming. If I last 2 mo. on pause that should tell me I'm missing nothing important. I still have some functionality to the DVR while on pause so it is worth $5.
I was just realizing my timers were still firing, I am able to record OTA programming but it is Identified as digital channels. Another interesting thing Pause is only $5 but DVR service starts at $7, it seems like DISH pause should be more expensive or DVR FEES SHOULD BE LESS.

Reactions: pattykay
Nah, you are only DVR'ing a small subset of channels, which I would think maybe the $5 pause fee is $4 for account maintenance and $1 for DVR. This also lends to the credence that DVR fees are partly a function of content owners' contracts, since they know that a DVR will reduce the exposure of their commercials.

Reactions: Tampa8
Nah, you are only DVR'ing a small subset of channels, which I would think maybe the $5 pause fee is $4 for account maintenance and $1 for DVR. This also lends to the credence that DVR fees are partly a function of content owners' contracts, since they know that a DVR will reduce the exposure of their commercials.
If that was the case, then Pause should be cheaper for those without a DVR.

If that was the case, then Pause should be cheaper for those without a DVR.

Problem is that is waaaaay to much work to program for such an insignificant difference. I don't see anyway DISH is going to start charging the Pause fee based on account differences. I do think the DVR fee is in some way related to contracts, I have a feeling the $5 is simply an administrative fee for keeping the account alive. The channels you can DVR are so few, and for the most part not channels that DISH pays.

I was just realizing my timers were still firing, I am able to record OTA programming but it is Identified as digital channels. Another interesting thing Pause is only $5 but DVR service starts at $7, it seems like DISH pause should be more expensive or DVR FEES SHOULD BE LESS.
After 24 hrs. on pause my VIP has lost it's timers and program descriptions, seems to work only with manual timers now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)