Dish PBS Kids

KDRE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
Is this channel not available with Dish?

I dont recall seeing it on the lineup page.

I'd be pretty disappointed being that the little one's loved this channel with D*

Anyone?

Too expensive? What the?

I guess I'll have to buy Dvd's then. That pretty much sucks

Nah... Dish offers a better deal with the DVR's, and an affordable HD reciever. I want TNT-HD for the NBA playoffs, and everything else is pretty much the same.

Chances are if you get a local PBS digital OTA, they carry PBS-Kids on a sub channel, mine does and most others do as well.

Only thing is, the local PBS channel carries the shows when Im at work, and the kids are at school.

KDRE, are you talking about your PBS analog OTA station? That sounds true of most analog ones but as BFG mentioned, your PBS digital OTA station(s) will most likely include PBS Kids as a whole separate subchannel dedicated to those shows 24/7.

Maybe go to www.checkhd.com and put in your zipcode if you're not sure what's available from your PBS digital OTA broadcasts.

I'll check that, but the OTA PBS in HD shows those shows during the day up until about 4 'clock.. if there is another one that's what I need.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

I just came up with something I shouldn't have had a brain freeze over. I can record those PBS Kids shows on the DVR so the kids can watch when they get home.

It does record the OTA HD channels in SD right?

That's great news then. I just want to have the shows for the kids. They dont need anything in HD. That's my domain

We have 3 PBS stations here in the greater LA area (KCET/KOCE/KVCR) and none of them have PBS Kids as a DTV sub-channel :( I have considered putting up a Ku-band dish for the free feed on AMC3 but my kids seem happy for now with what we get on our local PBS stations and Noggin.

dlsnyder said:
We have 3 PBS stations here in the greater LA area (KCET/KOCE/KVCR) and none of them have PBS Kids as a DTV sub-channel :( I have considered putting up a Ku-band dish for the free feed on AMC3 but my kids seem happy for now with what we get on our local PBS stations and Noggin.

I also live here. That's what I was saying. They show PBS Kids shows on I believe Koce during the early morning and throughout the daytime.

What I plan on doing is recording the shows via DVR, and when they get home, they can watch the shows

KCET shows them in the morning then KVCR shows them in the afternoon. I hadn't really noticed when KOCE shows them. I forgot to mention KLCS, kind of a minor affiliate. I seem to recall seeing PBS Kids programming there on the weekends, but I haven't watched that channel in quite awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts