Dish playmaker dual setup help

Jeff6146

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Elmendorf
I have the playmaker dual and no one at dish can tell me why my other receiver isn’t working. They keep telling me the second output on the satellite is a dummy and doesn’t work, but all over their website says the dual can connect 2 different receivers. WTH....

Just looking at the Winegard website it appears that you can connect two receivers but use only one at a time.

I’ve looked a little further and found a PDF for setting up. It is important to follow these directions exactly. It is also important to know that the primary receiver controls the satellite you are using so the secondary receiver will be able to watch channels that are located on the same satellite only. You must also use only the compatible receivers as well.

http://www.winegard.com/help/images/3/3f/2452389.pdf

I have the dual. It has two coaxial ports on the satellite. I could see if it only had one. And the website says it can handle two different receivers.

I have the dual. It has two coaxial ports on the satellite. I could see if it only had one. And the website says it can handle two different receivers.
The PDF is for the Dual. See page 5 for the secondary receiver. I know that the picture shows just a single port but pretend that it has two. I also notice that Winegard says to call them to activate, it said nothing about Dish. You might get better support by callling the number in that PDF...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)