Dish - Please fix Search

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
S423 has a nice speed improvement but it doesn't address a major annoyance. Search needs to remember its position after you return from setting a timer for an event with multiple showtimes. Currently it returns to the top of a fairly slowly scrolling list. Here are the steps I'm describing:

1. Perform your search query. I typically search for newly available movies. A search on all adventure movies typically returns 500+ hits.
  2. View the results and start scrolling through the list
  3. After pressing page down a dozen times you see a movie that interests you
  4. Highlight a movie with multiple showings. The number of movies is displayed in the corner.
  5. Select the movie. A new screen lists the showtimes. Select to record a showing.
  6. Press cancel to return to the list
  7. The list returns to the top! :(
  8. Press page down a few dozen times to return to the previous position and try to keep patience...

Note that if the event has a single showing then it does return to the same place in the list.

The bigger problem witb search is it stores every letter separately in the search history list. It should wait till your done entering the search words then let you hit a "search" button.

Don't bother me much if you are good at digit typing like the old way you used to text then you can quickly type anyways.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Doesn't matter how fast you type, when you go back in and rerun a search from your search history, you have entries for every keypress to have to sift through.

Agree with all of this. Just one of those little things that really is not a big deal, but still drives me crazy because I know it can be better. If Dish was smart they would either set the number pad keys to at least go to the first item for the first letter of the three letters for each key or better yet get the code in to recognize a Bluetooth keyboard already. Then you could type the actual letter plus it would make the whole experience much nicer.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)