Dish Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seshamsri

Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Hi All,
I have a question regarding dish plus , i wanted to watch some south asian channels from dishnetwork, i ordered a superdish,they did not have superdish,so i called a local store and asked for a superdish ,they told they have a better dish and sold me dish plus, i have been watching couple of channels for few months but now when i want to add more south asian channels dish network says that i cant get them as my dish is pointing to 118.7. It should be pointing to 121 to get all channels.

when i called my local store ,they are asking me to buy another dish now.
Basically my local store guys have cheated me!:( :mad:

Anyways ,what i want to know is, cant we make dish plus point to 121 satellite?

Please advise.

No way to make a 118.7 dish point at 121.. You dealer may have not been very up on what he was selling you.. However he was right about the superdish being an inferior product. .. Not sure what channels you need but they may be available on either the 61.5 or the 148 satellite and you will need a wing dish for that in all cases..

yeah ,some of the channels are available on 61.5.
which dish can point to 121 satellite,because 121 has all south asian channels.
dish network has a package called
Mega pack(international,south asian)(available on 148,121,61.5)
i need that and as well gemini/teja tv
(these channels are available on 121,118.7)
what should be my approach to get all the channels
I do not have much knowledge about satellite and dish technology.
thankyou for the quick response.
appreciate all the help.

Like skyview already said, get a second dish for 61.5. You already have 118.7 so you're covered. Also, where are you located? If you're on the West coast 148 might be better for you but you need a second dish.

i am in los angeles ,california. Ok so i need two dishes to get all the channels. one last question.
is there no dish which can point to 121(in this case i can live with just one dish,as all the channels i need are available from 121 satellite)

However he was right about the superdish being an inferior product.
Obviously Bullsh!t.
i am in los angeles ,california. Ok so i need two dishes to get all the channels. one last question.
is there no dish which can point to 121(in this case i can live with just one dish,as all the channels i need are available from 121 satellite)
I don't think anyone knows what Dish Networks programming plans are for 121. Some of the programming that is on 121 has been duplicated on 118.7. My only gripe about 121 is only 4 of the 6 Korean channels are on it, the other 2 are still on 61.5 & 148, and also have been duplicated on 118.7.

You said you can live with one dish pointed to 121. If that is the case, call Sadoun and see if they have one; I know they are still advertising it on their website. However, I think a Dish 500 pointed at 148 would be a better choice, and less costly.

Which receiver are you using?

thankyou ,i will call sadoun and find out about super dish which can point 121 .
FYI: All indian channels are available on 121. couple of them are duplicated on 118.7

do you know anyone who can take buy my Dish Network DISH 500 Plus Antenna and get me a super dish.
i am los angeles(90066) ,ca.
i am not sure if sadoun would by my Antenna. i bought it from one of the local stores here in la, 6 months back.

I spent the last two summers ripping out superdishes and throwing them in the trash.. So from my point of view the superdish is an inferior product. The local dump got so used to seeing me bring trailor loads of them in to throw away that they started calling me the dish man... It's a product that is laden with problems. And has been pretty much been obseleted around here. (thank god)

Did somebody say StupidDish?

All I can say is I've never installed one, and I never will. I replace quite a few of them though, especially in the summertime. Usually find them mounted with no struts, on a roof swaying away in the wind.

It's definately a thumbs up if you want to start a honey farm with all the bees that nest in the LNBF assembley.

Dish should set you up with whatever you need to get the channels. Why buy stuff from Sadoun? Your are going to need a DPP44 as well if you need to hit 4 sat locations. Call Dish first.

If You can Wait about six months , all the south asian channels will be coming on 118.7 as dish is no longer going to use the 121 satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)