Dish Pointer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dclboro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
I'm new to Dish, so please bear with me. If I go to "Menu" and Press 6,1,1 and go to "Dish Pointer" can I change the Satellite # and the Transponder # to check certain channels in other areas of the U.S. to see whther my signal is strong enough to get that channel if I "move"? I live in southeast VA and am looking to "move" to northeast OH. I have successfully tested this idea with some channels that are on Consus Beam and Spot Beam #9 in OH and even the Spot Beams that I shouldn't receive based on the Spot Beam coverage map came up fairly well (signal strength: 81). Will this test work? Is it possible to get locals in another state even though I live outside the coverage area on the Spot Beam Coverage map? Thanks.

Yes you can check spot beams. I you get a good signal yes you get them.

"Moving" yes it can be done.

I will say no more.

Take a look at the echostar knowledge base and you can see many cities you could move to on 129 or 61.5 for hd cities as they are all on conus beam. Also the other satellites are listed for 110/119 and others. As far as moving to a nearby city on the spotbeam. Yes it can be done as spotbeams are usually wide and go out about a 100 miles are more. In my situation I am 90 miles from Houston but I "moved" and I am getting a 90 strength on the locals on that spotbeam.

www.ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm

I'm actually about 275 miles from the outside edge of Spot Beam #9 and when I do a Dish Pointer test on Satellite 110, Transponder 31 I get a signal strength of 98! How is it possible that I'm getting a signal strength from that far away?!

If it are getting a strong reading, you should get a good quality picture. If not, you can always move back. There are lots of reasons you might return. Perhaps the new job didn't work out. he he

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)