Dish Police back in action.

Probably an unpopular point of view, but sometime it's not about the upfront $ spent or lost, it's about the deterrent effect. This post is obviously evidence that such practices get people to talk, and perhaps deter some who may or may not chime in from the practice of account stacking. Many people probably don't realize or stop to think that this is no better than the same corporations you're complaining about setting up off shore bank accounts and outsourcing jobs to avoid taxes, higher wages, etc.

What really gets me though,we did this song and dance nearly 5 years ago.We are loyal customers,they are always willing to give us promotions and say Thanks for being a loyal Dish customer.As I mentioned in an earlier post,we have had installers out here at least 3 times since the first audit,had receiver upgrades,HD upgrades etc,you would think they would know by now there is no tomfoolery or dirty footer work going on here.I think it's more like drawing a name out of a hat.

I understand that they need to control this to an acceptable level to those that are most likely to do it (like those with multiple receivers on the account) but they also need to do the lnb has to match the receiver thing as well. That is one thing that both receivers have in common, they both pick up signals from the same dish. The only problem with that though is the fact that some installations require two dishes then you would need to have both lnb's married at the same time to all receivers. Those with just one receiver shouldnt have to deal with it.

You know what adds insult to injury at least to me.They used to offer a $5 credit if all receivers were connected to a landline,they dumped that credit,furthermore they know cell phone usage has almost taken over the phone market,making it impossible for most customers to have a phone connection.
In reality, it was not a $5.00 CREDIT, it was a $5.00 CHARGE if you were not phone connected. The charge was done away with, so nobody lost out on any savings. Just the non-connected people did not have to pay any more.
Big difference.

In reality, it was not a $5.00 CREDIT, it was a $5.00 CHARGE if you were not phone connected. The charge was done away with, so nobody lost out on any savings. Just the non-connected people did not have to pay any more.
Big difference.

I respectfully disagree with you Kab,when they did away with the credit our bill was $5 more per month.There may have been a $5 charge for folks that weren't connected,but we certainly were getting a $5 credit up until they did away with it.Once they did away with the credit,and acted as if it wasn't a big deal to have all receivers connected,I did away with our extra phone jacks and lines.If they give me the all receivers must be connected to a landline this time,tough turkey is all I can say.

Found this bit of info searching around,the link no longer works.

From http://www.dishnetwork.com/2010updates
You have participated in a long-running promotional offer where you received discounted pricing on your 2-TV receivers by connecting them to a phone line. That promotional offer expired on January 31st. Because you are a valued customer, we have provided receiver credits on your account for six months.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with you Kab,when they did away with the credit our bill was $5 more per month.
Well, mine DID NOT. I stand wholly by what I said. Sorry you are working yourself up into such a frenzy over what?? Not like you, my friend.

Last edited:
Frenzy?I wouldn't call it that.Perturbed,annoyed,aggravated,most definitely.I gotta ask the obvious question,have you ever been audited?If you had you would understand.Anyway,I'm done talking about it,going to try to get 30-45 minutes tomorrow to call them.I'll let everyone know what transpires.

Frenzy?I wouldn't call it that.Perturbed,annoyed,aggravated,most definitely.I gotta ask the obvious question,have you ever been audited?If you had you would understand.Anyway,I'm done talking about it,going to try to get 30-45 minutes tomorrow to call them.I'll let everyone know what transpires.

Well when we see you in the Directv forum we'll know how it went. :rolleyes:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looking forward to reading about it.

Test completed,after nearly 45 minutes.Put each receiver on channel 101,with all tvs on,go through the menu until you get to s/w,read the receiver numbers then the location id,on each receiver one by one.Sylvia was the ladies name,fairly nice for the most part.They keep insisting that the receivers needed an important update,they didn't update anything.I did get a little miffed at one point,she asked how many tvs I have,I said 6.After checking all the receivers (5) she says now go to tv number 6,ummm ok why I ask,she says you have Dish service on it,I said no I don't,use it for gaming.Other than that it wasn't so bad,did have to stop a couple of recordings but no huge loss.Anyway if you get this call you should know what to expect.

That's kind of a bummer.......:rolleyes: I was looking forward to installing Directv for you. :D

Either way I'm glad it worked out. :)

Uh oh... I think that the audit police are trying to get in touch with me...

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Oh,they never mentioned anything about phone lines,or broadband.

Dammit it's Sylvia with Dish, same number as you Teehar... So you just called them back and went through the motions?

Glad it worked out for you Teehar. I'm not under contract and this 15yr customer, that has always bought his equipment, will have one answer for them. I have no tolerance for this now. Should Sylvia or anyone else from Dish call with their excuses, I'll be done with them. I'll probably go with Cox as I personally don't like contracts and with Direct there isn't anyway to not have one.

So you just called them back and went through the motions?

Yep,that's what I did.It was kind of funny though,at first they said how can we help you.:rolleyes: Duh,I'm calling you back as I was instructed to.She made it very clear that I'm not to call that number again for anything else.Kewl,you can bet your arse I won't!

Seriously, **** Dish and **** everyone who works in their audit department.

A true account stacker is way smarter than the idiots who does the audits. They simply wait till the audit police shut down all but one of their receivers, then they go around and collect all their receivers from their buddies and call in and do the audit and pass successfully everytime. Even better yet, I have heard of account Stackers use DISH Networks technology against them and have all the receivers hooked up to sling boxes to pass the audits that way.

Sure they catch a few customers here and there, but the problem is that they treat everyone they audit rudely and as if they are thieves.

Customers won't tolorate being treated this way and will cancel on that one reason alone. I have seen it happen way too many times, and many of those people are now watching Directv.

For a company that is still bleeding subscribers, I don't see how they can continue to pay people to work in a department that is susposed to make them money instead of costing them money by loosing subscribers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, **** Dish and **** everyone who works in their audit department.

A true account stacker is way smarter than the idiots who does the audits. They simply wait till the audit police shut down all but one of their receivers, then they go around and collect all their receivers from their buddies and call in and do the audit and pass successfully everytime. Even better yet, I have heard of account Stackers use DISH Networks technology against them and have all the receivers hooked up to sling boxes to pass the audits that way.

Sure they catch a few customers here and there, but the problem is that they treat everyone they audit rudely and as if they are thieves.

Customers won't tolorate being treated this way and will cancel on that one reason alone. I have seen it happen way too many times, and many of those people are now watching Directv.

For a company that is still bleeding subscribers, I don't see how they can continue to pay people to work in a department that is susposed to make them money instead of costing them money by loosing subscribers.

Does Direct audit their customers?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So I guess having all receivers connected to broadband doesn't matter after all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)