DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

We should look into our contracts and check if they disclosed that prices can go up without prior notice. This will help us determine if we will have to expect a notification or not. Some states have a law that advance notifications should be sent though, but not all of course. So digging up for that contract would really tell what to expect.

Considering the number of price increases Dish has had over the years, they should be experts at knowing exactly how and when to notify their customers of price changes. This is not their first rodeo.

I just paid our bill.The total was $94 and some odd cents.I paid the total and now am showing a -$5 on my bill.Not sure where that credit came from or if it's in anyway related to the new pricing but,it was a welcome surprise.Haven't made any programming changes lately so shouldn't have been anything pro rated.

Uhhh,yea I know about the fine print.My point is that they used to always notify customers in advance of upcoming rate increases.Now it seems to be a thing of the past.You could count on notices around Jan,or Feb.While I understand they aren't required to do it,it would be very nice of them if they did.Think it would also reduce customers calling in to complain.

They did used to notify before hand about pending price hikes. That was good customer service on Dish's part, a common courtesy so to speak. Seems they have outgrown that. :rolleyes: Suppose 9 $BILLION$ in your bank account could make you that way.

They did used to notify before hand about pending price hikes. That was good customer service on Dish's part, a common courtesy so to speak. Seems they have outgrown that. :rolleyes: Suppose 9 $BILLION$ in your bank account could make you that way.

They probably found out a lot of customers do not even notice that their bills went up unless it was pointed out to them. Especially easy if they are on electronic statements and autopay. Why do you think companies work so hard for paperless billing and automatic charging? They know after a while people do not even look at their statements and do not notice what is being drafted as long as it is about the same as it used to be (i.e. they probably would not notice $5).

To inform customers in advance just makes them notice, and get irritated and possibly leave before the price hike even happens. Just like knowing about it in this forum has a bunch of people upset. I think everyone here is aware of the reality that the bill will go up every year.

Uhhh,yea I know about the fine print.My point is that they used to always notify customers in advance of upcoming rate increases.Now it seems to be a thing of the past.You could count on notices around Jan,or Feb.While I understand they aren't required to do it,it would be very nice of them if they did.Think it would also reduce customers calling in to complain.

I think since they used to do that, Dish still found out that they still keep getting calls about the price increase anyway. I know it's a crazy idea, but probably sending those notifications probably just wastes resources on printing and paper and doesn't really help decrease the number of upset callers. Facing reality, not everyone really reads what comes inside the mailbox anyway.

Those contracts have Dish protected pretty well. It would be dumb on their part if they didn't since things can be unpredictable in this business.

I'll have to agree. Providers watch over customers more than we watch over them. It's been decades of experiencing price increase for every provider anyway so everyone should know how to play the game.

I was really surprised that the AE price increase didn't include adding BB@Home to the package. That would make it easier to swallow.

I agree, I think it would be a good idea to and that or sportspack to add something to AEP with that price increase

The AEP used to mean something. You got a discount with it. Now it is just an easy way to order AT250 and 4 movie packages. They need something on the brochure for marketing.

It came in an envelope that said something like " A Gift From Dish." Somewhere in the cover letter it spoke to a $5 increase but we didn't have an increase for 2 years.... Blah, blah, blah...

It came in an envelope that said something like " A Gift From Dish." Somewhere in the cover letter it spoke to a $5 increase but we didn't have an increase for 2 years.... Blah, blah, blah...

I got it to. It basically says we haven't had an increase in two years, most packages are rising by $5. It then says to be sure and check "my offers" on the 17 to see what half-price premium you are eligible for and indicates it will be one of the four premiums, Encore Movie Package, Heartland or Outdoor Sports. As Bobby said, more blah, blah, blah than anything and a comparison between them, Direct and Xfinity.

I'm gonna wait and see if I get ANY info about a price increase at all. I have AEP and a 722 and a 622. I better get some notification prior. Otherwise I'm gonna be pi$$ed. I'm out of contract since 2003 and I don't deserve that.
I'm gonna have a talk with somebody if not....

I'm gonna have a talk with somebody if not....

better get your phone ready to make a call ;)
My dad has been out of contract longer than that (actually I dont remember him having a contract....he got 2 301's for $199 at the time and got $20 credits for 10 months or something like that...must have been 2000 or 2001) and he's already preparing for the $6 increase (5 on package 1 on DVR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts