Dish Pricing Update

It's a nice idea for people that come here alot. But less face it there are way to many out there that are electronics/IT challenged. Too many would not be able to attach an ext HDD others would F' up the hook up of the USB connection.

hard drive should be drop in module, E has done that before. I could come installed in box,

replacement would be like remove install 722K OTA module:)

This makes sense though. Dish had tried grabbing new customers with their $19.99 pricing forever. They are still trying to make their HD package comparable to Direct, but the only way they could appeal to the masses was to keep low prices. Plus, they lost their tie in with ATT, so they have to be hurting. It was bound to happen that they would raise their rates in 2010.

This makes sense though. Dish had tried grabbing new customers with their $19.99 pricing forever. They are still trying to make their HD package comparable to Direct, but the only way they could appeal to the masses was to keep low prices. Plus, they lost their tie in with ATT, so they have to be hurting. It was bound to happen that they would raise their rates in 2010.

Dish actually added subscribers last quarter and more recently reached their 14 million subscriber milestone. Hurting, I'd say not.

Dish actually added subscribers last quarter and more recently reached their 14 million subscriber milestone. Hurting, I'd say not.

This is true but how did they achieve this?.Was it the low pricing? Was it the good DVR? Was it having the most HD?.:confused:

I'm sure all of those played a part in it but for me it was the unbelievable amount of credits I received to come back when I signed up on Oct.17.

So I would list them this way credits,low price,the most HD,great DVR technology(for me it's the Dish 625) gives Dish a winning program.;)

P.S. Ever since Charlie came back to Dish alot of those credits have disappeared from Dish's website?, coincidence or a normal time for the program to end?.:confused:

P.S. Ever since Charlie came back to Dish alot of those credits have disappeared from Dish's website?, coincidence or a normal time for the program to end?.:confused:

Charlie left Dish??
Chuckie never left and probably never will. It has been his baby from the ground up.

Ok getting tired of reading those pages, can someone confirm for me in a nutshell? This new pricing plan will only benefit those who have just one DuoDVR on the account because the fee will actually be a little lower? For all else the fees will go up by varying degrees, the more DVRs you need, the higher the increase?

If so, how much higher the fees will be say if you need four 612s and one 625? I just want to know how much higher will the monthly fees be. BTW can you lease four 612s now? I was exploring a three Duo HDDVRs option but it seems to me it would not be any good due to the new pricing plan.

Ok getting tired of reading those pages, can someone confirm for me in a nutshell? This new pricing plan will only benefit those who have just one DuoDVR on the account because the fee will actually be a little lower? For all else the fees will go up by varying degrees, the more DVRs you need, the higher the increase?

If so, how much higher the fees will be say if you need four 612s and one 625? I just want to know how much higher will the monthly fees be. BTW can you lease four 612s now? I was exploring a three Duo HDDVRs option but it seems to me it would not be any good due to the new pricing plan.

you can e mail the CEO address for a exact quote current and new pricing.........

with just one DVR fee per box I SUSPECT this will all be a tempest in a tea pot...........

Read the very first post, Dish employee quote. That's the best any of us have to go on.

I couldn't figure it out, I don't know how much people are paying now. I am not currently a DISH sub, rather a DirecTV sub. But I want to know after the price hikes next year for both DISH and DirecTV, which one will increase more for say an account with four HDDVRs, not the DuoDVRs since DirecTV does not have Duo-type HDDVRs.

Once I have the estimate, I can make a reasonable decision whether to move from DirecTV to DISH, or not. I am only interested in the hardware cost increase, not the programming.

Thanks in advance.

I am pretty confident the prices for each provider will pretty much be on parity with each other. Hardware wise, I love my 722k. It is a great receiver. That is really why I am with dish. I like their dvr's. Just my preference.

Scott:

There still needs to be clarifications on:

- "Single Tuner DVR" pricing
- Is the 612 considered a "Duo Tuner DVR" since it has two tuners or a "single" because it has no TV2 ?
- Are these subtractions that people are suggesting, for real ( ie $17 minus $5 if you have a phone line plugged in ) ? Or is the phone line charge in addition to the $17 ?

- Is the 612 considered a "Duo Tuner DVR" since it has two tuners or a "single" because it has no TV2 ?

According to their site, the 612 is called a "Solo DVR VIP 612". This would suggest it would be considered single. It looks like the Solo vs Duo is based on the number of independent TV outputs, not input tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)