Dish Pro Legacy Adapter

cdru

Just another yahoo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Are there multiple versions of the Dish Pro Legacy Adapter? A local retailer's corporate office said that none of their locations have the adapter that would work for a 121 SuperDish. Yet I had an adapter sitting right in front of me. I was under the impression that there was only 1 "model" of adapter and it would work with no matter what you hooked up to it...provided it was DP.

I'd just like to straighten things out before they give me a call back this afternoon.

To my knowledge a DP adapter changes the frequency carried inside the cable so the reciever recognises the signals from the LNBF. They work with 105, but I haven't had any experience with 121 yet. Is the LNBF on the 121 SD different the 105 LNBF?

bcshields said:
To my knowledge a DP adapter changes the frequency carried inside the cable so the reciever recognises the signals from the LNBF. They work with 105, but I haven't had any experience with 121 yet. Is the LNBF on the 121 SD different the 105 LNBF?
Not that I know of. My guess is that they just don't know better and wanted to save face instead of admitting that they don't know. SD are brand new to my area so I already had to do some education.

If it works on 105 then there is no reason why it should not work on 121. 121 is just a different slot with the same lnbf being used.

bcshields said:
Well, it doesn't work with some legacy rcvrs
Does the adapter not work with some legacy receivers...or does the receiver not work with the 105/121 satellite? I know some of the older recievers don't support the superdish, but I thought all receivers could be adapted with the adapter.

Some of the older recievers such as the first generation 1000/3000 and 7100/7200 DishPlayers do not work with them. I have heard that there were some trouble with some of the other ones too. If the receiver has OpenTv on it, it should work with it, along with some other ones in addition to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)