Dish Pro Plus diplexor question

Ground Block

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 16, 2004
Hello all,

First off, I have only installed a hand full of DPP systems so far. With that said, I ran into a situation today that I had seen about a week ago but didn't have the time to experiment with it. The situation in question is, how to diplex the tv2 feed into the already combined satellite source feed. I tried two different methods with no results either way. I called up E* tech support and the only thing they could tell me was that they had a diagram on how to do such a thing but couldn't explain it via the telephone. She said "we use different lingo than the you (the technician) and it wouldn't translate". She had mentioned this diagram was available but couldn't direct me to it's location on the net. I'm not trying to give this CSR a bum rap, she was quite polite, just not helpful.

So any help available would be appreciated, thank you ... and if you need more details on the situation I will glady provide them.

I assume you are using a DP Seperator with this set-up also, you run the sat feed into the single port side of the diplexor, then the sat feed port on the diplexor into the single port side of the seperator, then the tv 2 output goes to the uhf/vhf port on diplexor. The 2nd diplexor has the single line coming from the receiver going into the single port and the sat feed is hooked to that port and the uhf/vhf port goes to tv #2. Hope that isnt too confusing, if it is will try to clairify anything needed.

It won't seem to allow me to insert an image due to the lack of post's I have made, although I have given money to this site. So this is just here to add a post to my account.

Image soon to come.

install the diplexor BETWEEN the wall plate and the seperator AT the TV, and then as usual at the other end. I have seen some 322's have problems with diplexors. Do the check switch FIRST then install the diplexor. Hopefully, the sub doesn't have any problems that will require a check switch later.

I apologize for the crudeness of the image but this is the way I visualize what you've just described to me.

Attachments

• diagram.gif
    diagram.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 214
WAY OFF. The Seperator needs to be connected to BOTH Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. Going backwards from the receiver, you then run the line from the seperator into the Diplexor's SAT port on the side with BOTH SAT/TV. Run TV2 into the TV port. Run wire into wall plate. At other area, you use the diplexor to seperate the TV2 out and the Sat to got the the switch. Your diagram is wring. Sorry.

connect the seperator sat 1 and sat 2 inputs to receiver sat 1 and sat 2 inputs, from LNB line connects to sat port on diplexer at tv2 and the single line you show from diplexor to receiver sat 1 input should be between the two single ports on diplexers.

I understand the diagram is wrong, it is how I saw kevnt63's explanation and I was politely asking him why it was wrong or perhaps I understood it wrong. As for your explanation, I tried that today and it did not work, however I did not run a check switch before hand and that could be the defining factor.

Thanks all for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts