Dish Pro Plus LNBF question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
I have a DP311 sub box used with a Dish500 aimed at 110 & 119. It has a Legacy Quad on it now that works fine. I did have another Dish500 with a single legacy lnbf aimed at 129W and connected through a sw21. this worked fine. Then I decided to remove the 129W dish and just strap the lnbf to the side of the Quad, this works fine too but then I tried one of my DPP lnbf's with the 129w legacy lnbf connected through the input on the DPP lnbf, this does not work for me. the 311 receiver doesn't see the 129w legacy lnbf through the DPP. So I tested everything with a FTA receiver to see if the hardware is good and it is.

I can't recall if the legacy lnbf is compatible with this DPP lnbf and the 311 stb. Does anybody know if they are or not compatible? thanks guys

no:

Not compatible .

In the dish world, you don't mix DishPro with Legacy.
As for the DishProPlus stuff, there are other limitations, too.

The receiver would work with either all legacy or all DishPro(plus), but not a mix of both.

with LNB"s and switches you have to use either Legacy or DishPro (Dishproplus and dishpro work together)

you cannot mix them. Get a DishPro dual or Single and you'll be all set

dish pro and dish pro plus are bandstacked and use diseqc
legacy equipment used standard lnbs with a 11250mhz lo and dish network proprietary switches and it is not bandstacked.
unfortunately, they are not compatible :(
l8r,
Denny

Hey, thanks to all of you, I suspected this. I thought that I once read this on DebtNetwork TechPortal but it's not a tech portal anymore, ((( LOL ))) 'Joke Portal' maybe?

They don't give the details on LNBF's like they used to. Well for now I just put the legacy Quad back on with a SW21 and it's working like it once did. I was hoping to simplify the configuration with the DPP and eliminate the external switch and extra cables. At least I learned something new today :) Thanks again :up

DP is not compatible with legacy but DPP is. DPP LNBs and the DPP33 switch need one DP or DPP receiver connected to power it but the remaining ports can feed legacy receivers. The DPP LNB input is only compatible with a DP LNB.

Last edited:
Okay, I just re-read your question, and understand it better now.

If you only have TWO dp capable receivers and NOT three or four...
You can mount the DishProPlus dual bird LNBF... which has only two outputs.. but a spare input....
Then, if you strap your 129 LNB along side (a dubious idea but may work),...
AND it must be a DishPro single LNBF,...
THEN you can plug it into the third coax (input) of the DishProPlus head.
AND you'll then have all three birds available to BOTH outputs.

Or, you can use two, (but not three or four) SW21's in the current configuration with your legacy Dish single LNB...
Why two and not up to four? Because a single legacy LNBF only has one or two outputs. :rolleyes:

Hope that was clear; I did proof-read several times and believe it's correct. :D