Picture quality

Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 17, 2007
Richmond, VA
Is it just me or is the picture quality (HD) worse lately? Could it have anything to do with my recent repoint from 61.5 to 129?

TIA

Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 17, 2007
Richmond, VA
It's you.;)

Could very well be. :)

I am suspicious that something isn't working with my 129 setup. I noticed right after the migration.

I should call and get moved over to Eastern Arc I guess. I just hate having to keep messing with it.

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
What's odd is that there was a thread a few days ago about 61.5 not looking so hot.

J. Allen Head

J. Allen Head

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2003
Dahlonega, GA 30533
I have 61.5 and 129 and when my receiver choses 61.5 the picture quality is much better than when it choses 129 on most all channels most of the time

D

Dishlover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 27, 2006
My HD Locals in the S F Bay Area look like a youtube stream. Something is definitely wrong. The other channels seem fine. My locals are coming from 129 I believe. Funny, the commercials aren't near as bad.

sundude90

sundude90

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 13, 2008
Waterville, Maine, United States
My HD Locals in the S F Bay Area look like a youtube stream. Something is definitely wrong. The other channels seem fine. My locals are coming from 129 I believe. Funny, the commercials aren't near as bad.

Might be the local station or the feed/equipment for you locals. Probably has nothing to do with the satellite.

You should email dishquality@echostar.com & tell them about the issue. They monitor everything that is going up on those satellites. They usually reply back only on M-F.

M

molo316

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 13, 2008
I was watching basketball on ESPN and it looked bad. I have complained to dish about local channel WOIO in Cleveland for months. I called three times, email dish, and still looks horrible.

M

molo316

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 13, 2008
woio signal is weak. They come in and out. 62 is the best I can get with the roof top antenna. When it comes in it looks great. I can get wkbn sometimes, and it looks great too. I will email them again. Last time I called the the guy blew me off like I was crazy. He said there was a technical report out on it.

Ghpr13

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I'm on the EA and lately it seems PQ has lost some of it's sharpness...nothing major, PQ just doesn't look quite like it use to.
Ghpr13