Picture quality

Lord_Vader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Richmond, VA
Is it just me or is the picture quality (HD) worse lately? Could it have anything to do with my recent repoint from 61.5 to 129?

TIA

What's odd is that there was a thread a few days ago about 61.5 not looking so hot.

My HD Locals in the S F Bay Area look like a youtube stream. Something is definitely wrong. The other channels seem fine. My locals are coming from 129 I believe. Funny, the commercials aren't near as bad.

My HD Locals in the S F Bay Area look like a youtube stream. Something is definitely wrong. The other channels seem fine. My locals are coming from 129 I believe. Funny, the commercials aren't near as bad.

Might be the local station or the feed/equipment for you locals. Probably has nothing to do with the satellite.

You should email dishquality@echostar.com & tell them about the issue. They monitor everything that is going up on those satellites. They usually reply back only on M-F.

I was watching basketball on ESPN and it looked bad. I have complained to dish about local channel WOIO in Cleveland for months. I called three times, email dish, and still looks horrible.

woio signal is weak. They come in and out. 62 is the best I can get with the roof top antenna. When it comes in it looks great. I can get wkbn sometimes, and it looks great too. I will email them again. Last time I called the the guy blew me off like I was crazy. He said there was a technical report out on it.

I'm on the EA and lately it seems PQ has lost some of it's sharpness...nothing major, PQ just doesn't look quite like it use to.
Ghpr13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)