Dish problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hotfoot

Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
New orleans
I have 5 lnb slimline dish. It is mounted on 10 x 10 post. It is about 10 feet high. I keep losing signal and having to adjust the dish. The mount is plum according to the bubble. Everything is tight and doesn't seem to move. I don't think the post is moving. It supports my camp. Any ideals.

thanks
?steve

I have 5 lnb slimline dish. It is mounted on 10 x 10 post. It is about 10 feet high. I keep losing signal and having to adjust the dish. The mount is plum according to the bubble. Everything is tight and doesn't seem to move. I don't think the post is moving. It supports my camp. Any ideals.

thanks
?steve

Is it raining there and then hot like it is here ?

Could the post be getting soaked and expanding and moving and then drying out and coming back into place ?

This is probably a stretch, but possible.

Is there ANYTHING in the line of sight, a tree limb or anything like that ?

No line of sight issues. The 10 x 10 is treated lumber. I don't think it is moving but possible. I cannot figure why I have to
readjusting . I've never had this problem before . Although I've never mounted a dish on a wooden post before and never this high

No line of sight issues. The 10 x 10 is treated lumber. I don't think it is moving but possible. I cannot figure why I have to
readjusting . I've never had this problem before . Although I've never mounted a dish on a wooden post before and never this high

Have it put on a pole and use concrete on it. Using a post is a bad idea to start and having the dish 10 feet up is more than enough to ask for these similar problems

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I finally figured out the problem with the dish needing to be adjusted every few weeks. The arm that holds the lnb was fatigued. It was ever so slowly being bent downward. Every few weeks I was having to change the elevation downward to keep the signal up. So I replaced the whole dish and back in business. Thanks for all the help
Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)