Dish programming gone?

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
WSA LLC/Echostar SMATV customers got this notice today:

Dear Valued customer,

Effective immediately EchoStar is no longer able to provide you the following services:

University Digital Overlay
Ovation
International Channel
Health Network (now Fit TV)
Goodlife TV
DMX

We regret any inconvenience this may cause you...

Thank you,
WSA LLC

F.Y.I., WSA LLC is the corporate entity owned by Echostar that took over the assets of bankrupt WSNet.

This company has an incredible track record for sending out notices that don't make any sense and then retreating from them. I cannot tell if those sevices might stoill be aviaalable through DISH DBS transport, and if Echostar is ju eliminating them form its C-band offerings. Are these channels still included in DISH residential packages?

These channels were NEVER available on Dish Network residential service at any level. Eschostar SMATV is not the same as Dish network.

Goodlife TV doesn't exist any more. It was renamed American Life years ago. Goodlife was at one time (2000 or so) rumored to be coming to channel 197on Dish but neved did

Health Network/Fit TV was once listed on channel 254 (1998-2001) on many program guides, but to my knowledge the channel was never uplinked to the Dish network satellites.

Ovation was once uplinked to channel 127 (2000-2001) but never made available to Dish subscribers.

The other channels were never even rumored to be coming to Dish at any time I can remember.

See ya
Tony