Dish Proprietary?

Real Poolside

Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
I just moved into a new house that already has a DISH NETWORK dish on the roof. I have DIRECTV receivers from my old house ( I left the dish). Can I use the DISH NETWORK dish with my DIRECTV receivers?

Kinda, I think that the Dish and possiblely if its an old LNB it would work. But I bet its not aimed at DirectTV's 101 main slot.

Its pretty inexpensive and easy to change just the dish so you might try doing that to aviod any problems. If you want to try using it check out http://www.18inch.com/ it has a bunch of digrams of the different sat that will work with all the dishes from each company and also tells you if you need anything else

I guess I had better do more research. I am mostly interested in HD programming, so I am going to have to invest in a new HD tuner, and I don't know if that takes a different dish or not.
I have Adelphia cable now (it's part of my HOA fee), and they just seem to be taking forever to get my area converted, so I can receive HD programming.

You can most likely use the same wiring. But, you might as well pop a new triple LNB (Phase III) DirecTV dish up there. You'll need it for HD.

As a current DirecTV customer, you can get a discount HD upgrade, which includes a new receiver AND phase III dish. (and free install too, I believe.)

You should check on the DirecTV forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts