Dish Protect unauthorized upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sjhart

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
This is now the second time that a service call has resulted in being upgraded from Silver to Gold without any authorization. Is this common with the supporting tech companies? I once again canceled it! Crazy.

There is no tech fee for having Silver protection. That's what I had. However, after the visit received an upgrade email from Dish stating I upgraded my service to Gold level (which I didn't want). This has happened twice now. SJ

There is no tech fee for having Silver protection. That's what I had. However, after the visit received an upgrade email from Dish stating I upgraded my service to Gold level (which I didn't want). This has happened twice now. SJ
I would investigate further. Upgrading a customer to Gold from Silver or any package or from no insurance is a metric for some offices and pays a cash bonus, in some cases. Not saying this DID happen, but it's just verifying the customer's email and getting a signature to process the upgrade. See where I'm going with this?

I would investigate further. Upgrading a customer to Gold from Silver or any package or from no insurance is a metric for some offices and pays a cash bonus, in some cases. Not saying this DID happen, but it's just verifying the customer's email and getting a signature to process the upgrade. See where I'm going with this?
Based on his response, that was actually where I was thinking. I took second in sales in the CS a while back when I worked for them, and it isn’t that hard to sell something that you actually believe in. I think that was sometime around Game if Thrones season 2... my friend took first place and won the mustang. She didn’t even know she was in the running(nor I. I always thought CS shouldn’t be a sales unit)

That's odd...to make any changes we would need to go over the monthly rate with you before those changes are made. You can switch back to Dish Protect Silver through MyDish.com, or you can contact our support teams to have it removed, and look into why it was changed.

They removed it as soon as I called. Not sure they were going to investigate, but this has happened twice with onsite techs. I never asked for it. SJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)