Dish Pvr 522 And Replay Tv 5504 Remote Input Help Needed

lisaannenilsson

Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I hope I get this across clearly because I am not an engineer and I am blonde on top of things.

I have just purchased / signed up for / leased the following:

Dish Network PVR / DVR 522
Replay TV PVR / DVR model 5504

Before I upgraded from a Dish 500 PVR / DVR (i think that's the number) to a 522 today my Replay TV box and dish 500 interfaced and worked fine together.

Basically I cannot fully use the Replay TV anymore because it cannot interface with the new Dish 522 box.

Now there is no code for the Replay TV to input for the new dish 522 and this is also according to Replay TV and Dish Network customer service / supervisor. They say the software has not caught up with the new Dish 522.

I can't be the only one with this issue (I hope) so any ideas are greatly appreciated – or does anyone have an idea when Replay TV might be releasing software to upgrade their remote control codes for the new Dish 522???

Thank you soooo much and happy new year to everyone!!!

Lisa Anne Nilsson
lisa@lisaannenilsson.com
www.lisaannenilsson.com

Welcome to SatelliteGuys...:) You have tried all available Echostar codes?... (one at a time ) sounds like... have you tried here and go to forums www.planetreplay.com ? or the Replay forums at www.avsforum.com ? Myself I have a 6000u with a 5504 (upgraded to 80 gigs) and my 921 with a 5040 (upgraded to 230 gigs) as well as using a 5040 I use with a D* receiver (upgraded to 290 gigs) I use 745 code for 6000u but have used code 1071 I believe... perhaps you can change the address of your E* receiver remote and then try all codes again...

lisaannenilsson said:
I hope I get this across clearly because I am not an engineer and I am blonde on top of things.

I have just purchased / signed up for / leased the following:

Dish Network PVR / DVR 522
Replay TV PVR / DVR model 5504

Before I upgraded from a Dish 500 PVR / DVR (i think that's the number) to a 522 today my Replay TV box and dish 500 interfaced and worked fine together.

Basically I cannot fully use the Replay TV anymore because it cannot interface with the new Dish 522 box.

Now there is no code for the Replay TV to input for the new dish 522 and this is also according to Replay TV and Dish Network customer service / supervisor. They say the software has not caught up with the new Dish 522.

I can't be the only one with this issue (I hope) so any ideas are greatly appreciated – or does anyone have an idea when Replay TV might be releasing software to upgrade their remote control codes for the new Dish 522???

Thank you soooo much and happy new year to everyone!!!

Lisa Anne Nilsson
lisa@lisaannenilsson.com
www.lisaannenilsson.com

I'm just curious. Why did you buy a Replay TV and a 522? You don't need both. You can use both 522 tuners to record OR use one tuner to record and surrender the other tuner to the Replay TV rendering that tuner useless to the 522's DVR features. Perhaps there is no code because it seems unnecessary to use a 522 and a Replay TV together.

ACTUALLY THE REPLAY WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECORD WITHOUT ME HAVING TO SEARCH EVERY 2 WEEKS FOR PROGRAMS ON SAY MARILYN MONROE - A SUBJECT - AND THE REPLAY ALSO AUTOMATICALLY SKIPS COMMERCIALS WITHOUT ME HAVING TO PRESS ANY BUTTONS LIKE THE 522 DOES - THERE ARE JUST A FEW FEATURES - ALSO LIKE NETWORKING WITH OTHER REPLAY UNITS - THAT I HAVE GOTTEN USED TO SINCE 1997 WHEN I FIRST GOT REPLAY AND DIRECT TV - WHICH DID NOT HAVE ANY FEATURES YET...

YES I CAN LEARN TO LIVE WITHOUT BUT SOME FEATURES ARE REALLY NICE (LIKE AUTOMATIC COMMERCIAL SKIP)!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT IS WRACKING THEIR BRAINS FOR ME AND POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR ANSWERS - IT REALLY IS APPRECIATED!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

LISA ANNE NILSSON
LISA@LISAANNENILSSON.COM
WWW.LISAANNENILSSON.COM

lisaannenilsson said:
ACTUALLY THE REPLAY WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECORD WITHOUT ME HAVING TO SEARCH EVERY 2 WEEKS FOR PROGRAMS ON SAY MARILYN MONROE - A SUBJECT - AND THE REPLAY ALSO AUTOMATICALLY SKIPS COMMERCIALS WITHOUT ME HAVING TO PRESS ANY BUTTONS LIKE THE 522 DOES - THERE ARE JUST A FEW FEATURES - ALSO LIKE NETWORKING WITH OTHER REPLAY UNITS - THAT I HAVE GOTTEN USED TO SINCE 1997 WHEN I FIRST GOT REPLAY AND DIRECT TV - WHICH DID NOT HAVE ANY FEATURES YET...

YES I CAN LEARN TO LIVE WITHOUT BUT SOME FEATURES ARE REALLY NICE (LIKE AUTOMATIC COMMERCIAL SKIP)!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT IS WRACKING THEIR BRAINS FOR ME AND POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR ANSWERS - IT REALLY IS APPRECIATED!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

LISA ANNE NILSSON
LISA@LISAANNENILSSON.COM
WWW.LISAANNENILSSON.COM

It is considered to be EXTRAORDINARILY rude to post in all CAPS on a forum. It is the equivalent of yelling.

The 522 will also automatically record programs without having to search for programs. If you weren't planning to use the 522's DVR features, why did you even get the 522? Seems pretty silly to pay the DVR fee if you aren't using it as a DVR.

Apology And Problem Fixed!!!

;) Hi Chad -

Sorry about the caps sometimes I get lazy - and I know it's like shouting - so I apologize...

I have been using the DVR / PVR on the 522 and there are just a couple of other features that are on the ReplayTV system that I really like - plus the remote is easier to use!!! And even though I pay for the service IMHO it's worth it for me - long story about health issues and being stuck without tv would be a nightmare...

I guess I can just say that as a blonde girl it's my "perrogative" to change / make my mind up - in other words - I'm just being a silly girl.

BTW - I love both units - the 522 and the Replay that I purchased - they both have their pros and cons but mostly pros and I would highly recommend both of them to anyone interested.

OH and for anyone askiing - I did "reboot" the Replay machine the other night and reloaded all it's software and lo and behold I found a code that will work with the Dish 522 so I am so stoked I can't even tell you - so my problems were solved due to the help and suggestions of people in the forum - so thank you again!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a great new year!!!

Lisa Anne Nilsson
lisa@lisaannenilsson.com

P.S. I promise no more CAPS for everyone's enjoyment ;)

dfergie said:
The thing about Replay is...if you have 200 hours ava. you have a 200 hour buffer...:) not stuck with :30 like tivo or 1 hour like the 5xx series...only bad thing is you cannot backstep to start and start recording there...

I don't know about the other 500 series receivers but the 522 has a two-hour buffer.

lisaannenilsson said:
OH and for anyone askiing - I did "reboot" the Replay machine the other night and reloaded all it's software and lo and behold I found a code that will work with the Dish 522 so I am so stoked I can't even tell you - so my problems were solved due to the help and suggestions of people in the forum - so thank you again!!!

Nice!!! So which code ended up working for you with 522?

Thanks in advance.

dfergie said:
She posted at dbstalk also... that might be where she had code...

Hmmm, i can't seem to locate her post at dbstalk DISH forums.

If you happen to locate that thread maybe you can help me out here.

Thanks much!

dfergie said:
I found the thread... she did not post it... you might check Replay forum at avs, I have not noticed it there, but was not looking either...:)

:(

Maybe i can e-mail her for this inquiry.

[OT] I'm thinking that i may want to lease my 522 from DISH given what appears to be a software stability issue with this DVR unit. I would still like to own it, but might be less risky to just lease for few months (at the end of year) then switch over to HD, and hopefully by then DISH will have their act together for the HD DVRs.

For the benefit of others, the ReplayTV remote code of 0775 worked just fine...

The remote code of "0775" which worked just fine with my DISH DVR 508 continued to work with my DISH DVR 522 (replaces 508 unit) for remote controlling TV1 tuner using ReplayTV 5504 IR Blaster (i didn't have to cold or warm boot my 5504, changed the channel at first after disconnecting 508 and hooked up 522 using S-Video/Audio cabling) . I've had my 5504 remote control TV1 of 522 for about ~2 weeks and i've had very good success with few false positives probably due to glitches that caused wrong channel tunning. Overall i'm glad to see ReplayTV continuing to maintain compatibility with DISH IR support. For few moments i was getting bit worried about ability to tune TV1 of 522 from 5504 based on few threads on this subject but that's all myths to me know. This stuff really works!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)