Dish PVR Issues

TheWhip

Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I have Dish 721 PVR that I am having alot of problems with. The guide screwed up a couple of days ago and it is still not right. The PVR will no longer record, I cannot pause or rewind and cannot set up timers. All of my PVR'd shows are completely gone as well as all of my event timers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried all the usual reboot, kill the power, switch check nothing seems to work. We had all of it back and working fone about 8 hours ago but has been down since. When the guide is working I can change chanells and view TV as normal. I know this is a long winded post but I do not know what to do. Please help.

Call DISH 800-333-3474 and order DHPP for $5.99/mo. It sounds like you HD failed, due to TiVo law suit DISH should replace your 721 with a 522 leased receiver.

This sounds similar to what happened to mine a while back. I think mine always worked for TV and guide, and I finally decided that the hard drive had failed. I had no DVR capabilities whatsoever. The 721 worked, and then it didn't work. I went through all the usual ways you described to get it working again, which worked the first 5-10 times... until my recorded shows weren't there any more along with the lack of DVR capabilities.

This happened long enough ago that I got a replacement 721, and I'm pretty sure they will just have to replace yours (though probably with a 522). Good luck!

I have had 'things' go wrong with 4 diff 721s. Maintenance plan has been great! Letters have gone out because 721 is 'old tech' and Dish will replace them.

You will receive a leased 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts