"Dish Quality" team

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Got a call from someone at "dish quality" asking about my installation on February 14. I explained that I just had a 722K receiver installed. He asked about what dish was put up and I said there was already a dish on my roof.

He now wants to come out to inspect the installation and said he would be here tomorrow at 10:30 am to take pictures of the installation and review that everything was done properly. He said that even if I was just getting a new receiver, that the installer was supposed to go up and make sure the dish was grounded, wires properly sealed, etc.

Has anyone heard of this type of call / visit before? I wonder why I was chosen to receive this type of visit.

Thanks!

Got a call from someone at "dish quality" asking about my installation on February 14. I explained that I just had a 722K receiver installed. He asked about what dish was put up and I said there was already a dish on my roof.

He now wants to come out to inspect the installation and said he would be here tomorrow at 10:30 am to take pictures of the installation and review that everything was done properly. He said that even if I was just getting a new receiver, that the installer was supposed to go up and make sure the dish was grounded, wires properly sealed, etc.

Has anyone heard of this type of call / visit before? I wonder why I was chosen to receive this type of visit.

Thanks!

This is Dish "QAS". They are our quality assurance team. They come out and inspect jobs done by techs to make sure that the job is up to Dish code. They will check that their are labels on the back of the receiver, on the remotes, that the remotes are in limited mode and auto-tune. They will also ask you if you were taught how to operate your system, do Dish Interactive. They make sure the dish is grounded properly and all lines are tacked down and asthectically run. This is a normal occurence and is Dish Networks way of policing their techs and sub contractors.

They visited my house to take pictures as it was being installed. I think it had to do with the mount that was used and the fact that it was 1000.2 dish in an Eastern Arc market.

What does "limited mode and auto-tune" mean for remote controls ??

not sure what auto tune is, but limited makes it so pushing on the tv mode will not allow channel up or other buttons to work so people don't accidentally change the channel on the tv thinking they are changing it on the receiver, and then not know what is going on when they see no picture. Only allows power and volume to work IIRC. No tech has ever done this to my remotes, which i am glad since i use the those buttons for my tv from time to time.

If it were me, I'd want some compensation from DISH for the inconvienance of having some stranger tromping through the house. If DISH want's to make sure things are done right, then they can ride shotgun in the installers truck.

All they did with my check was knock on the front door to let me know they would be walking around the house checking out the installation.

Same day inspection

We had a guy show up just minutes after the install and check out everything that was installed, made sure the transponder #'s were good, took photos of screens on tv that showed this info and then left.
This guy was apparently a quality control guy from the local area.

Have had at least 4 installs over 12 years, never heard of this before. They have put up 4 dishes, 300, 500, 1000, and 1000.2 and none of them are grounded. Nothing labeled and our remotes are full function on the tv's that their remotes can handle. Just tried Dish Interactive for first time this week after reading that some cool stuff could be done during Olympics, after short time we were unhappy with that adventure so at our house they can keep that one. Not real sure what auto tune is but I use our remotes to schedule our receivers to auto-tune certain channels to come on at certain time every day.

If it were me, I'd want some compensation from DISH for the inconvienance of having some stranger tromping through the house. If DISH want's to make sure things are done right, then they can ride shotgun in the installers truck.

how inconvienanced are you? its not required, its voluntary. say no. but go ahead, turn down a free inspection to make sure you system is up to par and installed to a quality slandered. if its not, the inspector will see to it that all repairs get done.

as for the inspector riding along with the tech, how well do you think that will work out in reality? the day the tech has the inspector with him, he just simply does all the jobs up to code with no short cut. tomorrow, he could go back to short cuts. i guess they should also give a weeks notice on random drug testing as well, huh?

proof that some people will whine about anything...:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)