Dish questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cerjy

Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
I've had DirecTV for years, and have no complaints. But im thinking about switching to dish and have a few questions.

1. whats the on screen guide like? i love directvs and am worried about dish's being worse.

2. i cannot get local channels. satellite normal channels work great, but trees block part of the dish that recieve locals. is there ANY way i can get FOX via like a stream from new york? directv has it on the guide but refuses to give it to me.

any help would be apperciated, Thanks!

1. The Dish guide is lightening fast. You can go forward by hitting the right arrow or you can skip 24 hours by hitting the skip forward arrow or you can hit the number of hours you want to go forward and hit the right select arrow. Another way to go down the guide faster is to hit the page arrows and you can go down about 5 channels at a time. You can make your own favorites and cycle through the different guides by hitting the guide button. The different guides are all channels/all sub/hd/fav1/2/3/4

2. You can once set up with your DISH account do a "move" to an area with hd or sd locals or both. Do a search on "moving" on this board and you will find out how to do this. Another way is to go through Your Direct Source for the Best in Home Entertainment - LCD Tvs, DLP Tvs, Plasma TVs, HDTV, Consumer Electronics at Low Prices. and set up for waivers and get the networks out of San francisco and Atlanta. This is a seperate company that sells distants using dishnetwork receivers. You will pay them for these channels. The quality is not the best so be warned.

I've subscribed to Dish Network for about 2 years, and have never had DirecTV in my house. Every time I use a DirecTV system, though, I'm extremely frustrated by the poor speed, difficult text, and lack of power the DirecTV guide system has. If that were a primary factor for me, the choice is clear; Dish Network hands-down.

If you're close enough to town to get antenna reception, Dish Network HD DVRs have built-in Over-The-Air (OTA) tuners, and you can record broadcasts using those. If you're not eligible for local channels via E* satellites, you save $5/month. If you have an HD reciever but not an HD programming package, it costs $6/month; a net cost of $1/month.

In my experience, the only time I need to see local channels is during a heavy storm, which is the one time that I can't get satellite signal anyway...keeping an antenna installed is a very good idea. :)

To answer your second question. No E* does not have DSN like D* has. D* does not give you the FOX from NY because your local Fox affiliate needs to give you permision to have it. It's not D* call.

Dish angles will be different also you can get this
All American Direct (AAD) is a company that has been approved to offer distant network channels from Atlanta & San Francisco to qualified DISH Network customers using existing DISH Network satellite equipment.

Dish angles will be different also you can get this
All American Direct (AAD) is a company that has been approved to offer distant network channels from Atlanta & San Francisco to qualified DISH Network customers using existing DISH Network satellite equipment.
thats true, but as of now only in SD

This is how the guide looks on the 622/722. Like others mentioned, it's fast.

Attachments

• programguide.jpg
    programguide.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 113

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)