Dish questions

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
About to switch from Directv. Just wondering about a few things.

1. Does the Dish Anywhere App. Work on Android devices?
2. Does Dish work on the Watch ESPN app?
3. I noticed on my father in laws Hopper2 that not all channels had VOD, but on Dish On Demand web site it shows all channels. Can you get VOD from all channels from web site even if they don't show up on the receiver? Mainly wondering about big 4 networks.

Thanks

The app also works on Amazon Fire Tablets.

I'm not sure how to answer #3, but be aware that you have VOD access ONLY to the channels to which you subscribe. So, if you package does not include Science Channel of Disney XD, and of course any of the premiums like HBO, Starz, ShowtimeTMC, etc. you will not have access to their VOD content via Dish. While most content providers require you to have an active subcritpion to a cable or sat pay TV service to access their VOD on 3rd party devices like Roku, I don't know if you can access VOD channels via Roku, etc. for services you do not subscribe to. I have AEP, so I have never run into a wall like that, but one may exist.

If you could provide more information about your #3 question, I'm sure someone here can answer you question.

You can get ABC, NBC and Fox VOD. CBS (Les Moonves) thinks you should pay for it.

Reactions: darrengs