DISH(R) and A+E NETWORKS(R) Agree to Multi-Year Renewal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH(R) and A+E NETWORKS(R) Agree to Multi-Year Renewal

Terms cover all channels in the A+E Networks' portfolio, including A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, LMN® and expands distribution of H2® and FYI™

Includes innovative OTT programming and multi-stream rights for live and Video-on-Demand content

Expands authenticated access to live and Video-on-Demand content on connected devices

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH® and A+E Networks® have agreed to terms for a multi-year contract renewal that provides DISH customers with access to A+E Networks' high-quality content, and award-winning programming from A&E's entire portfolio. This innovative agreement includes OTT multi-stream rights for live and Video-on-Demand content. It also expands DISH customers' access to programming on the satellite service through increased distribution of H2 and FYI in the America's Top 200 programming package, as well as authenticated live and Video-on-Demand A+E Networks' programming on Internet-connected devices.

DISH Network L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH).

The renewal applies to the entire suite of A+E Networks' channels, among the top brands in the media landscape, including: A&E®, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, FYI™, H2®, HISTORY en Español™, Crime + Investigation™ and Military HISTORY®.

"I am pleased to call A+E Networks an innovative partner in developing this wide-ranging, creative agreement that will help to define the future of TV," Joseph P. Clayton, DISH President and CEO. "Together we are enhancing the customer experience today with fresh, dynamic programming that DISH customers will be able to watch when and how they prefer."

The new OTT rights allow access to A+E Networks' content through a future multi-stream subscription service of linear and Video-on-Demand content. With this capability, the content will be available to an untapped segment of customers that is seeking a flexible, content-driven, Internet-accessible service.

"We have had a great partnership with DISH for many years and we are delighted that this renewal will carry our partnership well into the future," said Nancy Dubuc, President and CEO, A+E Networks. "We are thrilled that DISH's valued customers will be able to enjoy A+E Networks' award-winning portfolio of brands across their multiple platforms. We continue to grow and make significant investments in new brands, and as such, we're particularly pleased with the expanded distribution of FYI and H2."

The renewal also expands the authenticated A+E Networks programming available to DISH customers at home or on-the-go via Internet-connected devices - televisions, computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and other devices. DISH customers will be able to use the DISH Anywhere™ app, dishanywhere.com or A+E Networks' web properties and apps to view live, Video-on-Demand and full-season content.

Reactions: Deedog27
I wonder when this takes effect... if I go and try watching over at the A&E Website I see the following...
Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 8.21.45 AM.png

Usually takes a few days for the programmers to update things.

For those of you with XBox one consoles, they just added USA Network and SyFy to the apps that let you authenticate your subscription and let you watch content. Sharknado2 or Covert Affairs? You're golden now.

This will be nice, H2 is the only thing that keeps me in the Top 250 package. I may lower my package to the Top 200 when the changes start.

Reactions: TheKrell
Pretty good news.I hope that dish will add military history to the lineup though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I wonder if they will add Military History Channel as part of this deal? That would be nice.

"It also expands DISH customers' access to programming on the satellite service through increased distribution of H2 and FYI in the America's Top 200 programming package"

"It also expands DISH customers' access to programming on the satellite service through increased distribution of H2 and FYI in the America's Top 200 programming package"

Thanks. I'll delete my post above. When will this happen, I wonder?

Pretty good news.I hope that dish will add military history to the lineup though.

it's called the American Heroes Channel now. and yes i would like to see it added too.

Great news...its nice to hear about a renewal only AFTER its happened successfully! :D

Also cool to see H2 moving down to AT200. That's one I've wanted to see make that move.

Reactions: LER
It sounds like Military History Channel will FINALLY be coming to Dish Network, according to how I read the press release. I can't wait because I enjoy a lot of that programming, and it is supposedly launching an HD feed soon (something that would just be icing on the cake). I did have a question about one of the A&E Networks that has apparently been forgotten about. I don't NEED it, but Lifetime Real Women shows Unsolved Mysteries reruns and a few other shows that I wouldn't mind seeing once in a while. It almost seems as if A&E is either already in the process of shutting down LRW or they are just gonna treat it like Viacom does all those extra MTV channels.

Usually takes a few days for the programmers to update things.
I'm waiting for people to declare that completely unacceptable ! In their minds, A&E should have everything updated and waiting for the instant that the agreement is effective. I mean, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, right ? :rolleyes:

Ok, this deal make Ergen's OTT product even more compelling, at the right price, of course. Disney owned channels, now A&E, and more channels that Dish has not announced to be on OTT because those channels didn't want advance promotion, but will be at launch. Great to see this finally available for those who need or prefer it to the standard MVPD model. Will the kids eat it up?

Ok, this deal make Ergen's OTT product even more compelling, at the right price, of course. Disney owned channels, now A&E, and more channels that Dish has not announced to be on OTT because those channels didn't want advance promotion, but will be at launch. Great to see this finally available for those who need or prefer it to the standard MVPD model. Will the kids eat it up?

"Kids" love anything that allows them time shifting viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)