DISH Re-signup

dishg

Original poster
May 19, 2011
USA
I currently have DISH network and had it since about 7 years. I have the 622 receiver and wanted to upgraded to the 722 so I can use it on my ipad and iphone. When I contacted them about the upgrade they said I would have to purchase it, pay installation fee of $95, and extend my contract for 2 years. New customers are getting this receiver for free. I was wondering if I can cancel my DISH service under my name and then sign up under some one in my families name (same last name)? Is this possible? How soon after can I sign up after canceling? Thanks!

I currently have DISH network and had it since about 7 years. I have the 622 receiver and wanted to upgraded to the 722 so I can use it on my ipad and iphone. When I contacted them about the upgrade they said I would have to purchase it, pay installation fee of $95, and extend my contract for 2 years. New customers are getting this receiver for free. I was wondering if I can cancel my DISH service under my name and then sign up under some one in my families name (same last name)? Is this possible? How soon after can I sign up after canceling? Thanks!

Contact one of the DIRT members in the forum and have them look into this for you. Unless there is something wrong with your account or you upgraded rather recently, you shouldn't have to purchase the 722. You might have to pay an upgrade fee though. Part of the trouble has been that Dish lumps the 622, 722, and 722k into the same pile for the most part. The irony is that if you needed to replace the 622, you would stand a good chance of getting a 722 in its place.

I contacted them and they say the only way I can get it is sign up for 24 months....I really prefer to not have a contract after staying with them for so long.

I shouldn't have to pay or extend my contract...especially since new customers are getting the receiver free...and why should I pay an installation fee when all that is being done is changing the receivers..

you may have to be switched to eastern arc.
do you have the service plan?

and new customers must sign a 2year contract to get the equipment

even in that case if I sign up my family as new customer they will be paying $30 less per month ...I rather sign a 2 yr contract in this case.

even in that case if I sign up my family as new customer they will be paying $30 less per month ...I rather sign a 2 yr contract in this case.
Go ahead and cancel you have telegraphed your intentions to use the same name and address and maybe phone number. You will find out if they will let you back in.

Yes, you either have to purchase outright to avoid an additional contract or agree to a 24 month commitment for an upgrade. Buy a used one online if you don't want a contract is the way to go. I misunderstood your original post. As Ajax noted, new customers have a 24 month contract. Even if you cancel the contract after a year, the early termination fees are probably still going to be less than the cost of buying one.

Even if you cancel the contract after a year, the early termination fees are probably still going to be less than the cost of buying one.

Ya, for a DISHn'It Up the early cancel fee is $10/month remaining on the contract, so you have a year left only $120, when you buy a new 722 or 722K is like $449.99, they should be able to ship it to you unless your on a mix arc, and needing either Western or Eastern Arc. If that is the case just get the service plan, $6/month and the tech visit is $15 then in 150 days just remove the service plan. Way worth it, then also get the free Sling Adapter promo and you would be good to go.

Hi, I would like to offer my assistance with your current upgrade issue. Dish Network should be able to upgrade your receiver and have it shipped to you at a cost of $15.00. Since your account already has an HD receiver and we are swapping that one ffor a 722. It will require a 24 month commitment to do the upgrade. If you are interested in getting this done, please PM me your account info and I can verify all the information and promotions available to you! Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)