Dish really stepped up today on a service call ! Awesome service for a tech visit

Unklebuck

Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
ohio
First off... this is coming from someone who is pretty PO'd about losing my FX and then
add into it not being able to see a Cleveland Cavaliers game yet or a Columbus BlueJacket
game this season.

Since the new software I've been having a 002 error saying partial signal loss, and it's been
more frequent to the point that I couldn't watch live tv, but only on my 722k not on my 622k.

This morning I called tech support and discribed the prob and also told them that this would be the 3rd time this year that I had to have a tech out for similar reasons. (1st time a swap of the duplexer er splitter behind the box, 2nd time a swap of the lnb's both of which fixed the problem.) I was told this visit would be no charge and he would credit the 15.00 for the visit as I have the protection plan.

I almost fell on the floor when he said a tech would be there between 12-5 today !!!!!
I said great and hung up the phone and it was 11:30 am. :rolleyes:
12 pm.... 30 minutes later a tech called and said he was on the way and he was there by 12:15 !!

This poor tech did everything from running new cable to swapping duplexers, new lnb's, checked the ground block and even tried swapping my boxes around to find the issue.
After everything he did he swapped the boxes back and no more issues thus far (we both were scratching our heads ) Damm thing is working great again !!! :) :eek:

This tech spent 3 hrs trying to fix my problem and while he is not sure what may have fixed the
issue... ( I think it may be the new software ) It is still working flawless as I type this ! :D

Dish really stepped up today and delivered the best support I've ever encountered !

Still missing my Cavs and BlueJackets but this really helped !

Hope this whole Fox thing is settled soon because if my better half loses the local Fox shows
I'm in deep sh_t ! :rolleyes:

Not a fanboy just appreciate good service !

When Dish aint selling any new installs because sales are down because of the Fox Dispute, they have Techs sitting on standby all day long to do same day service calls.

Incorrect reasoning, correlations =/= causation.

Same day installs/technician visits are available in about 60% of markets if you call between 7a-11a and it's not a Sunday. This is due to implementation, restructuring of who decides who gets a service tech to their homes. E* going back to a tech tier system has taken the 2-3 years ago 2-7 day wait down to same day in almost every area assuming there are no major mother nature issues.

Unklebuck, since Thursday morning (10/28) when L671 was downloaded to my 722, I've had several 002's. Yesterday (10/30) I unplugged the 722 for about 15 or 20 minutes, and haven't had a 002 since.

I also unplugged the reciever.

I have the 669 software (new to me though .... guess I can look forward to the 671 :eek: )
Haven't had the issue since and don't know why...... don't really care though, my 722k
is rock solid as usual !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts