DISH Receiver Model VIP211K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvx24

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
tallahassee
For like 2 weeks I haven't been able to watch TV because I always get Complete Signal Loss, and Error 024. I've already tried everything that I could think of (resetting the receiver, replugging cables, and I also called my provider for phone support) and I couldn't fix. They will send a technician but I really want to fix it today so I can watch the Super Bowl. Let me know what other information I can provide so you can help me better!

Any other TV in the house hooked to Dish? If so, are they having the same error? My suggestions: 1.) Get OTA hooked up, you can view the game by those means, if you get you local CBS affiliate's signal. 2.) If you have another functioning receiver in your house, move it to the 211k's location. 3.) If you have another receiver and it isn't functioning, your satellite dish could be off alignment. Or, you could have a bad coax cable running through your system. Sounds weird, but I accidentally split a Dish line once while running Comcast and OTA lines through the wall. I was moving my modem when I also installed OTA. I figured that since I had the wall open, I would kill 2 birds with one stone.

Yeah I have two other TVs and they are working but they are plugged directly to the wall without a receiver box. By the way, I live in a student complex and I've asked a couple of neighbors and their reception is fine so the signal isn't the problem.

No they didn't but I already tried that and I keep getting an error message saying "A Dish Q-Box was detected instead of a multi-dish switch. If you want to search for satellites available to your Q-Box, please press the "Scan" Button."

Also in the QAM Setup it keeps saying "Not Locked - Name Not Acquired! Signal Strength: 0".

Yeah, I don't know too much about commercial set ups, but if its a large building with many connections i'm sure its a Q Box. If you physically have a 211 in your place then i would def get an OTA hooked up so you dont miss the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)