Dish Receiver Remote 5.4 IR

Todd0734

Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Mexico
HI All.....Just had a Dish Tech here in Mx install a new set-up. He was somewhat clueless. What is the 3 or 4 digit code used to pair the Dish remote to my LG TV Model 55LJ5400 ? Thx in advance, Todd
tmkkel@yahoo.com

HI All.....Just had a Dish Tech here in Mx install a new set-up. He was somewhat clueless. What is the 3 or 4 digit code used to pair the Dish remote to my LG TV Model 55LJ5400 ? Thx in advance, Todd
tmkkel@yahoo.com
766 but a 5.4 on a new install?? huh? I'm not even sure what a 5.4 is anymore lol.

And to really tick me off regarding Mx telephone rep. Says if we want a new remote, will have to pay extra. Geeesh!!! BTW, how do I post a photo of my New Mx receiver ?

5.4 is the IR remote for TV1 on the 625’s(later used for 522, 512, and 322’s). It’s the classic silver design.
All, As mentioned Dish Mx lied to us....91 channels....total of 3 in English. Will be removing the dish shortly & the tech can take it back manana. Again, Very happy with our USA Dish network along with their excellent tech backup service. Live & learn. Cheer's, Todd PS: Just an after thought....Would my US receiver work down here ??? If that be the case I'd keep the newly installed dish in place. Anyone's thoughts ???

Ok...New to this forum, as I didn't RTT upon receiving the expertise from a few of you. Pls allow me to reiterate.
Spending 6 months in La Punta Manzanillo, Mexico. Had Canada "Shaw Sat TV Box" for past 9 yrs. Lots of Canadian bla, bla, bla. Not from CA, Wanted more USA channels. Have Dish at our home bases located in Vail & Grand Lake CO. for the past 6 yrs. VERY satisfied. Thought we would give "Dish Mexico" a try.

Sales rep's were not all that truthful. Ended up with a tech guy, somewhat clueless, showing up at our villa and proceeded to take 4 hrs to install Mx dish. I finally with a lot of hand signals steered him in the right direction.
Installed, however unlike what we were told, that most channels broadcasted in English. Not so. Have over 120 channels....3 in English.

Have the latest receiver, able to record etc same as our "hopper" in CO. however the tech guy left us with an antique 5.4 IR remote. Of course it doesn't work even after applying the correct codes....several codes I found on line including the one from HT....Thank you very much for trying....No luck,,,,No biggie.

Then Chad replied to my inquiries ...If I brought my CO receiver down & hooked it up to the Mx Dish it should work. Like that idea, however don't want to lug it down unless I'm 100 % sure it will work. Anyone else out there doing that ???

Anyhoo........May just rip the thing off the wall and return it and experience other avenues....Like sling box.

Best Wishes,
Todd

Do you know what LNB and satellites you’re getting in Mx? If a DPP 1000.2WA, then you should be fine(should be noted you’ll need a node or hub). The physical location will not matter so much, as what equipment you physically have.

JS, You are correct......Still trying to answer Chad's question ??? Or did you just confirm the DPP 1000 2WA won't work S. of the Border. We are actually located 175 miles South of PV on the Pacific Ocean...Thx too you both for your input. Todd.... PS: Amazing how TV plays into our lives...Since arriving here Nov. 15th, have read 6 novels and still watch a lot of TV...BTW, Dish down here does not offer Fox News nor US CNN.

If you put up a 1K.2 antenna and LNB, you can make it work. You can get them pretty cheap online, or you can wait til you’re back in the states and ask an apartment complex if you can take one down. Line of sight should not be an issue, just getting hands on is the hard part. Maybe you and JSheridan can work out a mail order?

Appreciate the referral Chad but we don't generally mail order dishes because we buy them in bulk and not individually boxed.

I'm not sure of the footprint for the US DISH signals but I don't think they go too far south of the border at all.

Hey Todd, what about using DISH Anywhere to connect to your Hopper in the states? If you have decent internet at both locations that might be an option.

Appreciate the referral Chad but we don't generally mail order dishes because we buy them in bulk and not individually boxed.

I'm not sure of the footprint for the US DISH signals but I don't think they go too far south of the border at all.

Hey Todd, what about using DISH Anywhere to connect to your Hopper in the states? If you have decent internet at both locations that might be an option.

RE: DishAnywhere.com
JS,
Looking at their web-sight and chatting online with a rep, I was told "Due to copyright restrictions the online videos on Dish Anywhere, are available only to users in the US & its territories. Not available internationally." They are currently working with their providers to relax restrictions. However, they go on to say " While outside the US customers with a Dish DVR can use Dish Anywhere to access DVR scheduled recordings...."

Perhaps Dish has to mention the above with legalities involved. The only way to see if it would be obtainable is to try to access from outside US. My system is currently on hold till we get back to CO.

On another issue....I did reply to this forum using my iPhone. Someone lurking herein, as I see we've had a few viewers that didn't respond, tried to compromise my phone. I received notification from my provider that someone tried to update my PW etc. All I'm saying is be careful.

Again, Thx for all your help,
Todd

Mx Dish is gone and good riddance. Looking into sling box. Not sure if that´s the way to go. Guess it works with my laptop using wifi plugged into TV.

Reading between the lines...SB connections only available in US / Canada....Gotta be a better way down here South of the border...However no one has a clue, as they´re all on satellite dishes from Sky, DRTV, or Dish, along with a few Shaw Sat outa Canada....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)