Dish Reciever Help

BamBam80

Original poster
Aug 10, 2017
PA
I have a 625 Dual and a 512 Single both have the DVR feature. The 512 we take back and forth to our cabin. My 625 now has a hard drive error. When I called dish they want me to get a Hopper and Joey's and whatever else. We are not a big "tech" family. I was asking them about a 722 and a 211 and they were saying dont do that as the equipment will so be obsolete. My question is what should I get that compares somewhat to my 625 and 512. Looking for a reciever I can take back an forth to the cabin and if my wife and kids don't come along they still can have a reciever at the house.

I have a 625 Dual and a 512 Single both have the DVR feature. The 512 we take back and forth to our cabin. My 625 now has a hard drive error. When I called dish they want me to get a Hopper and Joey's and whatever else. We are not a big "tech" family. I was asking them about a 722 and a 211 and they were saying dont do that as the equipment will so be obsolete. My question is what should I get that compares somewhat to my 625 and 512. Looking for a reciever I can take back an forth to the cabin and if my wife and kids don't come along they still can have a reciever at the house.
The 612 and 622 are same as your 625/512 and both HD. Dishdepot.com has them on sale for under $90 each

ViP units are shortly to no longer be issued by Dish. Look at a Wally or two, or move to the Hopper HWS or Hopper 3.

No point buying something for the short term.

And old equipment will have old HDDs.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 612 and 622 are same as your 625/512 and both HD. Dishdepot.com has them on sale for under $90 each
BamBam80, the ViP612 would be the upgrade for your 512. If you want one, I can sell you one for much less than the above quoted price. I just received it from Dish earlier this year as a replacement for my old ViP612 that went bad. The new (refurbished) replacement works just fine. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts