Dish Reflector...Putting a 1000.2 Eastern Arc Eyeball on a Western Reflector?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I've had the 110/119/129 Hybrid eyeballs on my reflector for a number of years. I'm assuming the reflector is also the Western Arc reflector. Can I simply pull the 110/119/129 eyeballs off and put on the 1000.2 Eastern Arc Hybrid eyeballs? I've changed to a different local market (Little Rock, AR) and Dish stated that my new local market pulls the locals using the 1000.2 Eastern Arc. I guess the arm length on my current dish reflector will work for the Eastern Arc eyeballs also? TIA.

I've had the 110/119/129 Hybrid eyeballs on my reflector for a number of years. I'm assuming the reflector is also the Western Arc reflector. Can I simply pull the 110/119/129 eyeballs off and put on the 1000.2 Eastern Arc Hybrid eyeballs? I've changed to a different local market (Little Rock, AR) and Dish stated that my new local market pulls the locals using the 1000.2 Eastern Arc. I guess the arm length on my current dish reflector will work for the Eastern Arc eyeballs also? TIA.
You have to change the Skew and Elevation of the Blacking plate.

Arc/OrbitalReflectorAzimuthElevationSkew

EAD1000.21424362

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, it's the same reflector (1000.2 Dish Plate). As HipKat said, you will need to adjust the backing plate and repoint the dish. Azimuth refers to it's horizontal angle, meaning this will change where it rotates left and right. 142 azimuth means to point it to the 142 degree location, a sat finder app will help with that. Elevation is the up and down movement on the backing plate, it will be indicated on the left side, and the indicator is the front of the metal backing structure. You'll line that up with the 43 indicator. For skew, this is the adjustment to rotate the dish, located directly on the back of the reflector. To set this to 62, you may have to remove two bolts if they were installed in order to be able to fully adjust this.

There are different types of LNBs (eyes) available. So, make sure to get a Hybrid LNB if it indicates "DPH", and a Dish Pro Plus LNB if it indicates "DPPlus". If a hybrid LNB, there are two bracket styles, so make sure you get the correct one if you order it yourself.

Make sure you have a clear line of sight before you adjust the dish for this though. I believe standard installation for Little Rock, AR, is to install on eastern arc, so there may not be a line of sight for you. Check this before wasting your time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Side note: if you want to play around with the angles a bit, you can use your western arc LNB to pick up eastern arc satellites. Your signal won't be too great, but with some adjustments you can make it work.

Figured I'd post a pic of my reflector to eliminate any guess work. Bought an Eastern Arc 1000.2 Hybrid LNB and yoke to replace my 110/119/129 hybrid head. Is this a 1000.2 reflector?

I have a sat buddy 29, so I should get it all pointed in short order.

f1nUR9R.jpg

Figured I'd post a pic of my reflector to eliminate any guess work. Bought an Eastern Arc 1000.2 Hybrid LNB and yoke to replace my 110/119/129 hybrid head. Is this a 1000.2 reflector?

f1nUR9R.jpg
Yes, that's a 1000.2 dish. The 1000.4 arm is bolted to the mount, the 1000.2 arm is riveted.

Reactions: Arkapigdiesel

f1nUR9R.jpg
1000.2 reflector, yes. You can tell be the rectangular bolt structure, and the arm.

One other thing....I'm assuming that the Hybrid Eastern Arc LNB will hook up exactly the same as the Hybrid Western Arc LNB? One line from the LNB to the ODU of the solo hub?

you can use your western arc LNB to pick up eastern arc satellites...
When I got my camper (several years ago), all I had was a WA 1000.2 and that's exactly what I did. With my 'older than dirt' Channel Master signal meter, I could get signal to very satisfactory levels. I have since acquired some EA LNBs.

Reactions: cableview
You're good. I actually did this before. I was unable to pick up 129w because of tree's so I bought a EA LNB for 61.5w & 72w. Didn't need to buy a new yoke.

What signal strength on the Hopper signal strength screen should I be getting on the 72 and the 61.5 sats? I'm right at 50 on both of them. Something else that is strange...when I pointed with my Sat buddy 29, I would peak on 72.7 and get around 50 or so, but I could shake the dish and it would lose all signal, but then come back when the dish would come back to rest. I don't remember that happening with my WA LNB head.

I did have to remove the reflector and readjust my skew turning mount because my skew went from 118 with the WA head to 62 with EA head. I'm using the little diamond shape indicator on the skew adjuster to line up with the recommended skew setting for my zip code.

PlaFixu.jpg

What signal strength on the Hopper signal strength screen should I be getting on the 72 and the 61.5 sats? I'm right at 50 on both of them. Something else that is strange...when I pointed with my Sat buddy 29, I would peak on 72.7 and get around 50 or so, but I could shake the dish and it would lose all signal, but then come back when the dish would come back to rest. I don't remember that happening with my WA LNB head.

I did have to remove the reflector and readjust my skew turning mount because my skew went from 118 with the WA head to 62 with EA head. I'm using the little diamond shape indicator on the skew adjuster to line up with the recommended skew setting for my zip code.

PlaFixu.jpg
I'm in southern Georgia right now, and getting 55 on 72.7 and 68 on 61.5 on my H2. In upstate New York and Vermont I usually see high 40's to low 50's.

I think you should call Dish back and hope for a different (better) CSR.
I spoke with three different ones :(

First time I called, I simply called to change my install address. That CSR stated that a tech must come out to do something to my receivers, but stated that I would still receive local programming even without a tech coming out.

I called the second time because I still didn't have my locals after 45 minutes or so. The CSR did some troubleshooting with me for about 30 minutes, but stated again a tech will have to come out to do something with my receivers. Well, the second CSR for some inexplicable reason changed my install address back to my old address and that's where the field tech was going to come to in order to look at my receivers.

So, I had to call again and speak with them for a 3rd time! They re-updated my address and a tech is coming out Saturday morning.

This is absurd that a field tech is required to come out to get this up and going due to my changing local markets. I'm at the mercy of what Dish tells me. I've spent over an hour on the phone between the three phone calls. Ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I spoke with three different ones :(

First time I called, I simply called to change my install address. That CSR stated that a tech must come out to do something to my receivers, but stated that I would still receive local programming even without a tech coming out.

I called the second time because I still didn't have my locals after 45 minutes or so. The CSR did some troubleshooting with me for about 30 minutes, but stated again a tech will have to come out to do something with my receivers. Well, the second CSR for some inexplicable reason changed my install address back to my old address and that's where the field tech was going to come to in order to look at my receivers.

So, I had to call again and speak with them for a 3rd time! They re-updated my address and a tech is coming out Saturday morning.

This is absurd that a field tech is required to come out to get this up and going due to my changing local markets. I'm at the mercy of what Dish tells me. I've spent over an hour on the phone between the three phone calls. Ridiculous.
"Ridiculous" is right. I change my locals as often as daily as we travel from RV park to RV park without any on site assistance. Even before Dish added the locals change feature to the MyDish app for Outdoors account holders, all I did was change my service address with a chat session. Let us know what the tech tells you when he shows up.

Tech just left. He was just as puzzled as I am/was as to why he was required. All he did was call Dish to send a hit to my receiver. If companies wonder why they continue to lose customers, maybe they should try to not be difficult to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)