Dish remote 54.0 to control a new LG TV

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Can anyone control successfully the ARROW commands of any of the new LG "UP" TV series with the Dish 54.0 remote. I have the LG 86UP87 TV but I think this problem applies to all the new LG "UP" TV series regardless of the screen size. The 54.0 has hundreds of different preprogramed LG TV models but nothing for "UP" series.

I can turn On/Off the TV and change the volume Up/Down with the 54.0 but that is it. I cannot even "Teach" (copy) any of the ARROW command from the LG remote into the 54.0 remote. YES, I know how you supposed to do that, I have done it many times with my other TV remotes and the 54.0 remote.

Ok, it looks like the problem exist with all LG TVs that use their "Magic Remote". This remote is an RF remote (not IR) and that is why you cannot "Teach" copy any of the key command from this LG remote to the Dish remote.

Apparently, all the preprogramed codes for the 54.0 remote do not include any codes for the LG Magic Remote which include all the Arrow command in addition to the standard On/Off and Volume.

Does anyone have any remote code that work for the LG Magic Remote in addition to the standard On/Off and Volume?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Success, it looks like the LG Smart Remote is an RF and IR remote. If the TV is ON, the remote automatically works as an RF remote and if the TV is Off, it becomes an IR remote only (I guess one of its smart functions). So, once it becomes an IR, you can copy any of its commands to the Dish 54.0 remote without any problem!

Success, it looks like the LG Smart Remote is an RF and IR remote. If the TV is ON, the remote automatically works as an RF remote and if the TV is Off, it becomes an IR remote only (I guess one of its smart functions). So, once it becomes an IR, you can copy any of its commands to the Dish 54.0 remote without any problem!
Thanks. I have three LGs with smart remotes. Going to learn them all now.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts