DISH Remote Access - Cannot Enroll Online

mitchfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I have a vip622 with broadband enabled, but for some reason cannot access the Dish Remote Access setup on my online account. When I click the link after logging in, it simply takes me to my billing info over and over. I've confirmed the broadband connection is working, all tests are go, dvr and receiver works fine, etc. I've tried IE, Firefox, Safari, pc, mac, two different locations...all with same problem. Clicking the "Dish Remote Access" or "Set My DVR" links just kick me back to billing status. Power cycle reset of 622 had no effect. I've called and chatted over 6 Dish techs and they are all stumped with no solution offered.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch

I'm stumped. How long have you had your 622 connected, and by what physical means?

Update: About an hour after posting this thread, I tried the link again and it took me to the dish.sling.com login site. Progress, but now for some reason it's expecting a password that doesn't match my main dish.com login. When I use the password reset feature, it sends me an automated email with a link to the form to type in a new password. When I do this it give me an "Unrecoverable Error while processing the request" message and it doesn't accept the password change.

It seems weird that the dish.sling.com login was already expecting a password even though ive never signed up for the remote access yet. I spent about 10min with Dish support chat, who offered no solution other than to email...so I sent an email to DISH support (login problems dropdown), but not sure they will respond.

Any assistace is greatly appreciated.
Mitch

DRA is (to my way of thinking) rather fragile. I'm pretty sure that several different servers have to sync up before you can use it. I'll bet it's all working as advertised tomorrow. How long have you had your 622 connected?

The 622 is a replacement for one that had a hard drive failure. Dish tech installed it at 9am pst this Wed. I guess there was a glitch in the sling password reset system yesterday, because when i tried again this morning i was able to set a new one. Now I'm having trouble with the Remote Access setup not seeing my dvr as online. When I enter the receiver ID and hit next, I get the message on the next screen of "Your DISH DVR does not appear to be online." However, a check of the broadband connection shows Connection Status "Connected Online" and all systems show ok. I've tried it several times and have made sure the DVR is on, the receiver ID is correct and my internet connection is working, etc.

This remote access feature is proving to be more trouble than it's worth, I'm afraid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts