Dish Remote Access for iPad with a new UI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Version 3.0.3 went up this evening. Release notes below:

-All new user interface
-Greatly improved loading speeds for all screens
-Access to the Guide, DVR and On Demand listings without disconnecting video playback
-Added favorite channels feature
-Faster connection time to watch Live TV
-Optimized for retina display on iPad 3
-Fix for issue where the 'Watch on iPad' button would sometimes not appear
-Fix for issue where the DVR listings would sometimes not appear and show an error message
-Fix for issue where the video would be black and channel change would not work
-Fix for issue where On Demand content would buffer frequently at the start of playback

DISH Remote Access for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Its a lot faster and I like the new interface. Also like that the Prime Time Anytime recordings are on their own tab.

What I don't like is the remote... if you are going to put on a remote on a DISH Network receiver and DISH owns Sling so why cant they make a remote that looks like a dish remote?

Its a lot faster and I like the new interface.

It does appear faster, and the Watch on iPad button now shows up correctly. Mind you, I STILL can't see any DVR recordings. It's actually kinda funny to sit, watch Live TV (so yes, the DVR is online), and see a note saying that it can't see my DVR, please check the connections! So funny I want to cry :(

MDG

I still can't see any of my recordings either, but I can watch Live TV with no problem. Overall the app is nice and much faster.

I'm having the same problem I can't see any of my DVR content. Hope Dish can fix this soon, I like the new Ui but I need my DVR content.

Hi thanks for the quick reply on your suggestion to hit refresh from the drop-down menu is not an option for me the receiver that it shows does not have a drop-down menu the only refresh place is the two little round arrows when I'm in the DVR setting which I can hit but it doesn't do anything . It still is the same message that I have no DVR content. Thanks

Hi thanks for the quick reply on your suggestion to hit refresh from the drop-down menu is not an option for me the receiver that it shows does not have a drop-down menu the only refresh place is the two little round arrows when I'm in the DVR setting which I can hit but it doesn't do anything . It still is the same message that I have no DVR content. Thanks

Are you using dishonline.com or an app? I was just checking my DVR content on my Hopper from dishonline.com, when I first logged in I couldn't see anything but the refresh button worked.

I am unable to access my DVR, message says receiver is not connected to internet (which it must be since I am able to watch live programming.) The most irritating persistent problem is that the guide is showing local stations in Phoenix, AZ. My locals are the San Francicsco Bay Area.

Are you using dishonline.com or an app? I was just checking my DVR content on my Hopper from dishonline.com, when I first logged in I couldn't see anything but the refresh button worked.

My problem is from the iOS app (new version). I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked for me since I got the Hopper. I can view live TV, but no recorded content shows up.

Add me to the list ... new iPad ... the only thing that works is the guide and settings.

Can't watch live TV, can't see my recordings.

I will also add this is NOT on my home WiFi.

I have tried my work's WiFi and Verizon cellular (LTE) networks, with no luck.

Edit:

So ... I is working ... off and on.

I can no longer tell the bit rate it seems.

Otherwise, I like the interface much better.

Last edited:
The same problem affects my 722k receiver too. No DRA Android App use and no ordering a movie online through the receiver. Embarrassing to say the least for Dish.

Add me to the list ... new iPad ... the only thing that works is the guide and settings.

Can't watch live TV, can't see my recordings.

I will also add this is NOT on my home WiFi.

I have tried my work's WiFi and Verizon cellular (LTE) networks, with no luck.

It does appear faster, and the Watch on iPad button now shows up correctly. Mind you, I STILL can't see any DVR recordings. It's actually kinda funny to sit, watch Live TV (so yes, the DVR is online), and see a note saying that it can't see my DVR, please check the connections! So funny I want to cry :(

MDG

A little odd to reply to myself, but I was able to get the new iPad app to work a little more consistently. In the lower right, go to Settings -> Live TV & DVR. If you see your DVR, select it. After a few seconds, the button to the left of the name turned green, and I was then able to see my recordings. This has now worked for me twice - once with the button starting dark, the second time with the button indicating yellow to start with.

There really should be the equivalent of a refresh button on the My DVR screen if it fails to connect the first time.

HTH,
--MDG

The app works for me except the "resume" function which is extremely frustrating. That is what made this so great. I could start to watch something on the TV and then switch over to the iPad to continue the rest of the show. Now it restarts every time. Please DISH fix this ASAP.

It is actually working quite well for me now.

I think my prior problems were related to the hard drive on my 722 failing. I had it replaced with a 722k. The app is super zippy now - faster than i have ever seen it. Not sure if it is the app, or the 722k or a combination.

I do miss the bit rate indicator on the iPad version.

I would like the ability to manage my recording better in the sense that I would like to move content from my DVR to the EHD.

I notice if you have a folder of say six episodes of one show, and you delete one episode, the folder count still says six. If you go somewhere else in the app and come back, the count does get refreshed though.

I also notice that when you set a timer for record all, it records an episode even if it is already on the DVR. It used to skip those prior if the DVR already had it.

I do find the picture quality to be not as good. It is not bad though.

Overall - definitely steps forward.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I think this has been stated prior, but the Resume does not work.

Rather frustrating actually.

Thankfully, it was only a half hour show that I had to deal with at the time I was using resume.

At resume to the list of things to fix.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

During the day yesterday I was watching a recorded show on my iPad. I tried to access that Hooper latter and I am got the message that the Hooper is off-line. It is still off-line. My other Hopper (not connected to a Sling) is on line so I know my home Internet is working. Is there anyway to reset the Hopper that is connected to my Sling remotely as I won't be home for a few more days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)