Dish Remote Access for iPhone

Big D Z

Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Ok, so I can get dish remote access on my iPhone...but what they have seems really pointless to me.

So, I can login using my iPhone, and then have one of my recordings play on the TV its hooked up to. I can also use my iPhone as a remote to play, pause, info, etc what is on the TV.

Why would I even want to do this when I have a remote control that is faster/easier? Really, what's the point to this?

I figured I'd atleast be able to browse tv listings and set a program to record, but I can't do that from the iPhone it seems.

ummm, you can. there is a drop down menu that has now, today, later, grid, my dvr, remote, and preferences. from one of those lists you can either view listings, set up timers to record shows, manage your timer, manage your recorded shows and if you want you can control your remote, which would come in handy if were in single mode and had your tv2 output going to more than one tv. no need to buy a new UHF remote. you can't watch anyshows from it, yet, but you can control your dvr if you were away from the house and remembered that you wanted to set a timer or such. i really enjoy it. play around with it, it'll grow on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)