Dish Remote Access no longer supported

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
And worse, I can't use the app on my Android 2.2 phone any longer. It used to work rather well (other than forcing me to log in twice.) I just tried it again here at my vacation condo, and it won't allow logins any longer. So much for Dish anywhere. :cry:

What unmitigated {expletive deleted} decided to abandon older Android phone users? :( What purpose did that serve? (I wonder if we can still log into DRA on a PC?)

Time to root the phone and flash the ROM to 2.3 or newer (Cyanogenmod, etc.). Heck even my old HTC Incredible (yep the first incredible, not later ones) actually ran Android 4.0 ICS quite well.

I think you can apply for antique license plates for that..... :D

Do you have the latest version of the APP? Sometimes rather than an older app working and a newer one not working on older phones, it's the opposite. As changes are made the newer APP makes changes to allow the older phones to work.

That bites. I preferred DRA to Dish Anywhere, one reason was I could see my DVR space usage on DRA. :(

Do you have the latest version of the APP?

The DishAnywhere app is not available for my not-that-old Motorola Defy. To add it, I would have to do as NSAfreak suggested: root and flash a newer, non-Motorola version of Android. My anger here is due to the fact that my old DRA app worked just fine and dandy on my oldish phone, without my doing anything. Why go out of your way to disable it? :rant: This sucks.

That bites. I preferred DRA to Dish Anywhere, one reason was I could see my DVR space usage on DRA. :(

And resuming where you left off, and playing back BB@home rentals, and working far more reliably than DishAnywhere, and being MUCH FASTER to load. Ah... Are we talking about DRA on a PC or mobile device? Can you log into DRA via your PC any longer? I can't easily try this from my vacation beach house with a new browser...

No go on PC login either.

I don't have sling, so my use of DRA/Anywhere was purely for timer/dvr management for when I'm away for extended periods.

DRA has been gone for over a week now! We were discussing it in this thread last week:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/317983-DRA-Down

It is too bad that Dish eliminated DRA. With DRA I could easily manage my daily schedule and recordings. I could see my list of events to be recorded, events skipped, and conflicts, in chronological order. I find it almost impossible to do the same thing with Dish Anywhere. I hope Dish management changes its mind and brings back DRA! (Personally, I don't think that we will ever see it again)!

^ Yeah, I saw that thread and the speculation on whether it was a temporary glitch or not. Now I think it's safe to assume that the site is gone for good.

I haven't really run into any issues setting my timers and managing my content or viewing from dishanywhere.com.
I am right now. Skipping events occasionally times out and now my green DVR indicator is now a spinning circle...never had this problem with DRA.

And resuming where you left off, and playing back BB@home rentals, and working far more reliably than DishAnywhere, and being MUCH FASTER to load. Ah... Are we talking about DRA on a PC or mobile device? Can you log into DRA via your PC any longer? I can't easily try this from my vacation beach house with a new browser...

DRA has been gone for over a week now! We were discussing it in this thread last week:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/317983-DRA-Down

It is too bad that Dish eliminated DRA. With DRA I could easily manage my daily schedule and recordings. I could see my list of events to be recorded, events skipped, and conflicts, in chronological order. I find it almost impossible to do the same thing with Dish Anywhere. I hope Dish management changes its mind and brings back DRA! (Personally, I don't think that we will ever see it again)!

I can resume recordings easily with dish anywhere on my PC and iPad. As for Blockbuster rentals I couldn't tell you about those specifically but regular on demand content seems to work ok for me. I can also see my daily schedule in chronological order and timer lists. I do agree that you will never see DRA again. The probably don't want to run and support a second version when Dish Anywhere can handle the needs of most customers.

Wow, this blows. I often used DRA, and always found their other offerings sucked, designed to steer you toward their IPTV options, not to mention super slow, with poor search options. Maybe it works well for Hopper users, but DRA was much better for my 622.

Dish Anywhere still only has a tiny subset of the features that DRA had, and nowhere near the power or functionality. If they were going to come out with a replacement, the least they could've done was to make the replacement at least as capable as the old system. Instead, we get a handicapped, limited new system and they axe the old, powerful, useful one.

Doesn't make sense to me either. DRA was much much better for managing my daily timers than Dish Anywhere. Why couldn't they just leave DRA there for those of us that used it? Was it really necessary to take it down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts