Dish Remote App Help

barco13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Kansas City Metro
So I finally upgraded my old HTC Incredible for a Nexus 4. Long story short, my Dish Remote App worked fine with my HTC Inc--can watch live tv or anything on my dvr. On my Nexus 4, it starts up and I have live sound but the picture just stays static. Assuming this needs to be fixed with an update in the play store? Or do the specs on my old HTC Incredible just superior to my Nexus 4 :)? Any other people having issues with new phones and the app? Thanks!

Seems to be working fine on my Galaxy Nexus. Are you running 4.2?

Yeah, 4.2.1 It's funny because I still have my Verizon phone (htc inc) active so I can flip between than and my Nexus 4. Both running on WiFi. Maybe I will try uninstalling and reinstalling. However, I do not think that is the issue since I can log in fine, view the grid, view DVR etc It is when the playback starts.

I'm running 4.2.1 on Nexus 4. This definitely looks like an issue with newer phones and operating systems based on Google play reviews. Wonder why it works on rooted vs non rooted. Hope it gets a fish soon, was counting on watching football at a work.

Works fine on my wife's Samsung galaxy s3 running 4.1.1 and my old HTC incredible running gingerbread. Confirmed the same issue with my friends nexus 4 at work today. This was all tested using my id. Hopefully an update will be coming soon.

I ran into a problem on my new Nexus 7. I did not try the app before I updated to the latest version of Android. I noticed that it would try to play in SD even though it was set to play in HD. When I changed it to HD while playing the video then it would function correctly. Try that to see if it resolves your problem. It seems to be a bug as I did not have that issue with the older version of Android on my other device using this app.

I ran into a problem on my new Nexus 7. I did not try the app before I updated to the latest version of Android. I noticed that it would try to play in SD even though it was set to play in HD. When I changed it to HD while playing the video then it would function correctly. Try that to see if it resolves your problem. It seems to be a bug as I did not have that issue with the older version of Android on my other device using this app.

Thanks so much! I didn't even notice it was playing in "standard quality" since it froze pretty quickly. I hope the CSR's & DIRT are aware of the workaround as more people start to get Nexus 7's & 4's and devices are upgraded to 4.2.1 (if it is tied to the android version).