dish remote code

2001kx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
i cant find the correct code for my samsung HTTZ512
its a dvd w/ surround sound set up.

ive tried so many codes i think my eyes are going to bleed.

i want to be able to control the volume of the surround sound with my dish 5.3 ir remote.

any help??? thanks.

Have you tried either of these two codes 807, 815? If neither of these codes work then you may need to contact Samsung directly to see if they have different codes available.

Have you tried either of these two codes 807, 815? If neither of these codes work then you may need to contact Samsung directly to see if they have different codes available.

no they dont work..
i did call samsung support and i talked to an out of country tech guy that was no help at all...he said to call dish (you could tell he just wanted to get off the phone).
he couldnt even give me a single code..you would think with the model number he could give me something?

i am doing it correctly?
hold in vcr until they all light up
enter the code
hit pound

i also tried

hold in aux until they all light up
hit1 (tried 2 as well)
enter the code
hit pound

Unfortunately those are the only two codes I have available for a Samsung surround receiver. Here are some codes that we have for Samsung DVD players; 881, 755, 738, 517, 579, 591, 675, 534, and 515.

i am doing it correctly?
hold in vcr until they all light up
enter the code
hit pound

i also tried

hold in aux until they all light up
hit1 (tried 2 as well)
enter the code
hit pound

You only need to press and hold the AUX button until the other lights flash, once released the Aux button will be the only one lit. Enter the 3 digit code and press pound. The Aux button will flash three times and then you can try to turn the Samsung receiver/DVD player on or off.

You only need to press and hold the AUX button until the other lights flash, once released the Aux button will be the only one lit. Enter the 3 digit code and press pound. The Aux button will flash three times and then you can try to turn the Samsung receiver/DVD player on or off.
The manual specifies "For AUX mode only. Press 0 for a TV, 1 for a VCR, or 2 for a tuner or amplifier." Then "Enter one of the three-digit device codes from the table using the number buttons." Press POUND (#). ...
-Ken

If you have no success with your 5.3 remote get a 21.0 one off of ebay for less than $20 shipped. It can be programmed to work with any IR device, including your Sammy.

Ed

As KKlare points out, I had to hit the "2" button then the code for my audio receiver using the AUX button. But i don't know if the OP's recevier is considered a DVD player or receiver but I am guessing an audio receiver. Did you try just letting the remote find it by going through all the codes rather than putting them in individually?

If nothing works, the advice above is good - get the 21.0 remote that learns from another remote.

The manual specifies "For AUX mode only. Press 0 for a TV, 1 for a VCR, or 2 for a tuner or amplifier." Then "Enter one of the three-digit device codes from the table using the number buttons." Press POUND (#). ...
-Ken

Yep thats correct,I have a pioneer 5.1 amp and in order to use the dish remote with it you have to use the aux mode and must first press 2 then the code then pound to save.

well i just added another 722k so it came with the new learning remotes and now i have it working...
i had the tech try to get the old 722 remote working with the codes and he couldnt get it either.
but all is good now and i love the new learning remote.

well i just added another 722k so it came with the new learning remotes and now i have it working...
i had the tech try to get the old 722 remote working with the codes and he couldnt get it either.
but all is good now and i love the new learning remote.

Good to hear you got it going.The 21.0 imho is the best remote dishnetwork has ever produced.

can i use the middle colored buttons?
in the manual it says for future use.

You can "teach" them commands, but they don't have any function for the 722/k receiver (they are shortcuts on the 32.0/922). I have mine setup to change my AVR inputs to Satellite/Blu Ray/Aux while the remote is in aux mode

You can "teach" them commands, but they don't have any function for the 722/k receiver (they are shortcuts on the 32.0/922). I have mine setup to change my AVR inputs to Satellite/Blu Ray/Aux while the remote is in aux mode
ok thanks...i will have to figure something out for them.

Matt or Mary, I have an OLD Phillips DVD/VCR combo and I have tried to have the 21 remote "find" the code, the only thing I could do was on/off? How can it "learn"? The original remote for the Phillips had messed up buttons.

We would need the original remote working in order to learn properly. Unfortunately, we still can't guarantee that our remotes will work with every piece of equipment out there

With a regular 5.3 IR or 6.3 IR/UHF remote and 2 722s can I program the Aux button to control the other 722? Is it true of any Dish remote that you could control 2 Dish units?

Background: I'm Running each 722 in single mode. Trying to reduce clutter.
Now I have 3 remotes on the couch arm: one for each 722 and the TV's remote to switch inputs.
I guess I can't get these Dish remotes to do the input switching, could with new remotes.

Actually I'm using the TV2 6.3 remote because one 5.3 died. This works for most command in single mode. One menu item would not work because it did not allow the TV2 remote to do some setup.

New thought: I haven't understood how to get TV1 to respond to UHF commands without more hardware. Does someone have the method handy? Thanks,

-Ken

P.S. Reloaded with batteries--previous were good--and after 2 weeks of downtime the old (very tacky) IR remote is working. See writing this inspired me to try again. We'll see for how long. -Ken

Oh and the input button does work for my TV. The only problem is it cycles through all inputs whereas the HDMI button only went through HDMI1 HDMI2 Air.

So that only leaves controlling 2 Dish receivers with one remote.

Does anyone have a good way to clean the remote face? Untacky it?

-Ken

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)