Dish Renews Carriage with Z-Living

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Good to see an extension two days after the Tribune blackout. Another channel coming down to the Top 120 package - down from the Top 250. Another channel dropping down out of 250. So now we have 8 or 9 channels available in Top 250 that aren't Movie Channels.

Yea, thrillsville...a channel that for the most part is ONLY carried by E*, & that if you pressed most people, couldn't even tell you what the hell it is! And now this mostly "unknown & unwatched" channel can now be paid for by the MAJORITY of E* subs...instead of being in a "premium basic tier" with other (very) niche channels. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But OTOH, I also agree w/you on the value of AT250 these days...it's getting to be rip-off for the couple channels I actually watch on it, like GAC & D.A.; but I guess they also DID add Smithsonian to it, so I guess it sorta makes up for the loss of the others.

Honestly, they just need to migrate the Movie Pak to AT250 & call it a day. ;)

But OTOH, I also agree w/you on the value of AT250 these days...it's getting to be rip-off for the couple channels I actually watch on it, like GAC & D.A.; but I guess they also DID add Smithsonian to it, so I guess it sorta makes up for the loss of the others.

Ok, a couple more than I thought. As I look at Top 250, the only non-movie channels are: VH1 classic, The Blaze, Smithsonian, Rural TV, Ride TV, Nicktoons, American Heros, Bein Sports, Bloomberg, Destination America, Chiller, GAC, Nat Geo Wild, Fox Sports 2, NBC Universo, and Fusion. And Scott said in his rumor thread of channels changing packages that Fox Sports 2 and Nat Geo Wild were getting moved down.

OH almost forget some others migrated from DMP to AT250...so I guess they DID replace channels that migrated to lower tiers: (from my last bill)

Effective 5/18/16, Centric, Logo and MTV Live are no
longer included in Dish Movie Pack. Centric, Logo and
MTV Live will continue to be available in America's Top
250 and America's Everything Pack.
As a result, you may
remove Dish Movie Pack at no charge by calling
800-333-3474 before 6/18/16.

So while they givith with one hand, they take away from another. Yet more reason why I will NEVER pay full price on DMP...it just went up on this bill. Another thing to discuss on my call tonight. (+ supers that got removed)

OH almost forget some others migrated from DMP to AT250...so I guess they DID replace channels that migrated to lower tiers: (from my last bill)

Effective 5/18/16, Centric, Logo and MTV Live are no
longer included in Dish Movie Pack. Centric, Logo and
MTV Live will continue to be available in America's Top
250 and America's Everything Pack.
As a result, you may
remove Dish Movie Pack at no charge by calling
800-333-3474 before 6/18/16.

So while they givith with one hand, they take away from another. Yet more reason why I will NEVER pay full price on DMP...it just went up on this bill. Another thing to discuss on my call tonight. (+ supers that got removed)
Are you saying if I have the AEP I can drop the Dish Movie Pack and not loose any channels that were in the movie pack?

What is the new price for DMP on your bill? My latest bill it is still $10.00.

Last edited:
What is the new price for DMP on your bill? My latest bill it is still $10.00.

If you'll chat and ask, they'll give you Dish Movie Pack at 1/2 off for 6 months. Wait the 6 months, then chat again and they'll give you the same offer. It has always worked for me. I do the same thing with Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz, usually always get them for 1/2 off for 6 months.

If you'll chat and ask, they'll give you Dish Movie Pack at 1/2 off for 6 months. Wait the 6 months, then chat again and they'll give you the same offer. It has always worked for me. I do the same thing with Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz, usually always get them for 1/2 off for 6 months.
OK, thanks, understand.

Yea, thrillsville...a channel that for the most part is ONLY carried by E*, & that if you pressed most people, couldn't even tell you what the hell it is! And now this mostly "unknown & unwatched" channel can now be paid for by the MAJORITY of E* subs...instead of being in a "premium basic tier" with other (very) niche channels. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I got to disagree. Just kill the Top 250, move the non-movie channels to the Top 200, and put The Movie Channel and Encore on the Movie Pak. Not for nothing, but Movie Pak? Movie Channels? Makes sense to me.

Sounds like you are the 1/2 price Premium Guru. :bow

I only wish we could do the 1/2 price promo on regular programming packs too.:hatsoff

Makes sense to me too, BUT...

Just kill the Top 250, move the non-movie channels to the Top 200,

(First a small correction in zippy's post...there is another sports channel on AT250 besides (both) BeIN sports: Sportsman Ch.)

Aside that I HIGHLY doubt this is going to happen, the channels that should NOT be moving down (& jacking up the price on AT200) is both of those BeIN sports channels & Sportsman Ch; those should definitely be moved to the Multisports pak. Then remove WFN out of DMP, since it's obviously a sports channel & is already in Multisports.

and put The Movie Channel and Encore on the Movie Pak. Not for nothing, but Movie Pak? Movie Channels? Makes sense to me.

Totally agree...& since they would be moving all those DMP non-movie channels to AT200, so that the price on it is still somewhat reasonable, may as well move Epix Drive-In & MoviePlex to DMP. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)