DISH replacements

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tech2550

Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
California
I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times but, lets make it 1001 !!!

My current configuration is a Dish 500 and a Dish 300 antenna (1 Dual legacy LNB and 1 single LNB), SW64 and 4 receivers (301, 4700 and two 508D's). One of the 508's is dieing and in my attempts to recruit help and a replacement from DISH, I get 20 different stories...I have to replace all of my receivers, I have to replace both of the antennas, I have to replace the switch, I really should upgrade to HD and on and on.

I can see replacing the dead 508 with a dual set version and getting rid of the 301 but do I need to replace the antennas and switch in order to run a newer receiver? Will my 4700 and remaining 508 receiver still work with new antenna's and switch?

Additionally, If I do replace the antenna's, I want to do it myself...no DISH installers go on my roof !!! DISH tells me that any upgrades or replacements that they provide MUST be installer by their employees, they will not just ship me the parts like they did years ago when I installed originally....is this true?

Thanks for anyone's help, thought and input !!!

You will have to have them out if you want the equipment for free.

I do miss the glory days when they would ship me just the lnb and let me do my own work.

They stopped all that a couple of years ago.

Do you have the protection plan used to be DHPP before Feb 1st? Under it they should replace the 508 with a working 508 free of charge. From the equipment you have I think you like the status quo rather than change for the sake of change.

You could either find another 508 or if you want you could get a newer Duo DVR (625, 622, 722) that would cover two rooms. If you replaced the 508 with one of these you would have to run two lines from the SW64 to the new Duo receiver. The rest of your receivers will still work with this configuration.

If you want to do a self install you must buy the equipment from a retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts