Dish request: Please put all HD flex pack channels on Echostar 16.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ypsiguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Ypsilanti, MI
It would be nice to have them all on one satellite for the core flex pack. Move the HD shopping channels to Nimiq 5, please.

You could even maybe market a cheap single LNBF dish for the “Flex HD” package.

It would be nice to have them all on one satellite for the core flex pack. Move the HD shopping channels to Nimiq 5, please.

You could even maybe market a cheap single LNBF dish for the “Flex HD” package.
The channels are not on transponders by tier of subscription. They are placed where they are because they work for everyone.

My program guide only lists the channels I want it to list. All the "junk" channels are hidden...

Yup, I do that already on my Eastern Arc 61.5/72.7 dish. I set up a new small dish aiming only at EchoStar 16 and saw that 95 pct of the HD flex pack channels are already there. Would be nice to see the remaining 2 moved. It can be done. It was done with Comet when it went HD. They moved from Nimiq 5 to EchoStar 16. Especially if they move HSN and QVC HD over to Nimiq 5.

Using a single legacy or DP LNB small dish would limit the available receivers that could be used to the Wally and VIP's. I doubt that Dish would want to spend the money to develop a DPP/DPH Hopper compatible single LNB for the relatively small Flex market. Then there's the DMA's where the HD locals are only on the 77 sat and western arc subs to consider as well...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Using a single legacy or DP LNB small dish would limit the available receivers that could be used to the Wally and VIP's. I doubt that Dish would want to spend the money to develop a DPP/DPH Hopper compatible single LNB for the relatively small Flex market. Then there's the DMA's where the HD locals are only on the 77 sat and western arc subs to consider as well...

I can see ur point on that one and if someone wants to set up a single dish, it is pretty easy.

So the Wally does not complain about only receiving just one bird with just one lnb, single dish?. I have been thinking of doing this when going up to the cabin. What issues could I run into?.

So the Wally does not complain about only receiving just one bird with just one lnb, single dish?. I have been thinking of doing this when going up to the cabin. What issues could I run into?.

My VIP 211k does it just fine. It’s aiming at Echostar 16. I would think a Wally could do it as well.

The Wallys work fine with the single LNB auto-aiming portable dome antennas favored by RV'ers and truckers.

Reactions: charlesrshell

You will need to know which satellite carries the channels you want to watch.

Lyngsat.com can help you with that task. If you are aiming at the Eastern arc, Echostar 16 and Nimiq 5 are the satellites you want to look at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)