This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish retailer or Dish direct.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Is there any difference of going thru a local dish dealer for an upgrade or going thru Dish 1800 number ?

better service through a local, dish will send someone who may not be near you and may take days to get to you. I have gone on service calls from dish and the people tell me that they called in several days ago. local i get to you within 24 hours most of the time in the same day you call.

Definitely more personal service through a local dealer. You can meet the local dealer face to face you can check references, you can decide if you want that person in your home.

I don't know....I am a retailer and we don't even touch upgrades because there is no money to be made....if somebody asks me about upgrading I give them the DISH 1-800 #....

PowerCommunications said:
I don't know....I am a retailer and we don't even touch upgrades because there is no money to be made....if somebody asks me about upgrading I give them the DISH 1-800 #....

Hmmm.. Send em my way..I love upgrades.. Usually easy work, and money is always good.. You sure you are looking at your payment right?

And to add to the original question, A local dealer will probably always do a better job for you. But there are always some dealers that are not customer friendly. Most local dealers are very dependent on referrals when they do good jobs.. A Dish RSP employee doesn't have the same stake in your happiness.. But that is not to say that there are no good RSP techs..

-Mark

Well i work for an RSP and and local dealers are only good at doing the worst job posiable since ther jobs only have to last 90 days. every spring i move countless dishes due to tree growing leaves. dont call a reatiler..... just call the 1800

Well i work for an RSP and and local dealers are only good at doing the worst job posiable since ther jobs only have to last 90 days. every spring i move countless dishes due to tree growing leaves. dont call a reatiler..... just call the 1800

That's a bunch of bs. Dealers are responsible for 1yr and they do give a ___ about their customers.

Wow.. Never heard that one.. You mean I only have to worry about a customer for 90 days.. That is good news. Oh yea. I forgot.. 12 month chargebacks. But more important than that. My customers send me business. If I forgot about them after 90 days, I would be out of business. I have yet to understand why people think that the local retailer is a bad guy. Same deals and usually better, faster service. And the customer has a human being to call if they do have questions or problems.