Dish retailer or Dish direct.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Is there any difference of going thru a local dish dealer for an upgrade or going thru Dish 1800 number ?

better service through a local, dish will send someone who may not be near you and may take days to get to you. I have gone on service calls from dish and the people tell me that they called in several days ago. local i get to you within 24 hours most of the time in the same day you call.

Definitely more personal service through a local dealer. You can meet the local dealer face to face you can check references, you can decide if you want that person in your home.

PowerCommunications said:
I don't know....I am a retailer and we don't even touch upgrades because there is no money to be made....if somebody asks me about upgrading I give them the DISH 1-800 #....

Hmmm.. Send em my way..I love upgrades.. Usually easy work, and money is always good.. You sure you are looking at your payment right?

And to add to the original question, A local dealer will probably always do a better job for you. But there are always some dealers that are not customer friendly. Most local dealers are very dependent on referrals when they do good jobs.. A Dish RSP employee doesn't have the same stake in your happiness.. But that is not to say that there are no good RSP techs..

-Mark

Well i work for an RSP and and local dealers are only good at doing the worst job posiable since ther jobs only have to last 90 days. every spring i move countless dishes due to tree growing leaves. dont call a reatiler..... just call the 1800

Well i work for an RSP and and local dealers are only good at doing the worst job posiable since ther jobs only have to last 90 days. every spring i move countless dishes due to tree growing leaves. dont call a reatiler..... just call the 1800

That's a bunch of bs. Dealers are responsible for 1yr and they do give a ___ about their customers.

Wow.. Never heard that one.. You mean I only have to worry about a customer for 90 days.. That is good news. Oh yea. I forgot.. 12 month chargebacks. But more important than that. My customers send me business. If I forgot about them after 90 days, I would be out of business. I have yet to understand why people think that the local retailer is a bad guy. Same deals and usually better, faster service. And the customer has a human being to call if they do have questions or problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts