Dish hacked again or closed?

They did not
Yell at the sites-

According to the Office of the Maine Attorney General's website, stolen data included "Name or other personal identifier in combination with: Driver's License Number or Non-Driver Identification Card Number." In addition, the notification letter included language suggesting Dish paid the ransom.
“We are not aware of any misuse of your information, and we have received confirmation that the extracted data has been deleted," the notification read. "Nevertheless, we are writing to notify you of this incident and to provide you with the information and resources contained in this letter, including the details of an offer for free credit monitoring through our vendor TransUnion."

Ransomware gangs generally only delete stolen data -- or provide a decryption key, when relevant -- after the victim pays an extortion fee

Reactions: charlesrshell
Since you can get to it if you are already logged on but can't if you log off, it smells like their DNS server went down, and new incoming connections can't find where to connect to. But existing connections remain fine.
This morning the sites would just act like they are loading but never progress. Now it just instantly says server not found.

Reactions: Bobby and HIFI
Nothing to see here, everyone go back to watching TV..

1696776533080.png

Couple of things I notice are not right.
"Your offer is available to update on 07/29/23 or you can remove them today"

"Most Recent Bill Due Date 07/17/23"

"Most Recent Payment Date 07/18/23"

"Service Period 10/14/23 - 11/13/23" (correct)

The amount of my most recent payment amount is not correct in the summary, it is correct in the PDF bill.

Couple of things I notice are not right.
"Your offer is available to update on 07/29/23 or you can remove them today"

"Most Recent Bill Due Date 07/17/23"

"Most Recent Payment Date 07/18/23"

"Service Period 10/14/23 - 11/13/23" (correct)

The amount of my most recent payment amount is not correct in the summary, it is correct in the PDF bill.
Sounds like maybe they recovered their accounting database from a 3 month old backup?