Dish retailers

amsoiltek

Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Phelan, Ca
Hey all, I'm looking to jump ship from DTV and go with Dish. Who should I order my package from, Dish or a independent dealer?

Thanks

If you have a local dealer you know, you can go with them, but it is often cheaper to just call Dish. Dish has contractors all over the place that do installs for them plus in many places they have dish employees that do the installs.
Do your research first, determine how many TV's you want connected and which receiver you want. This will prevent you getting sub-par equipment such as a Hopper when a Hopper 3 with Sling would be better for you, or vice versa.

The Hopper 3 (H3) has 16 satellite tuners and can have a USB OTA adapter added for 2 more OTA TV tuners; The Hopper with Sling (H2) has three satellite tuners and can also have the same dual tuner OTA adapter added; The plain Hopper (Hopper 2000) is the oldest and slowest does not have Sling built in and I believe it has three satellite tuners but is quite slow in comparison (AVOID). The Hopper DUO has two satelite tuners and the Wally has two satellite tuners but the second one is only activated if you connect an external hard drive to it ($40) one time payment) to make it a DVR.
Most folks here will recommend the H3 which can be a server to client Joeys at other TV's around the house. All processing and recording is done by the Hopper with Joeys serving as clients.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts