DISH retention offers

When I had Directv it was better to call after 12 (Noon) to get a customer service rep that was in the US and not somewhere else. Is Dish setup this way also? Being I have hearing issues I need someone that speaks English without an accent.
Calling the Loyalty phone number listed elsewhere in this thread is all you need to do to get an agent in the US. No need for the Silver Protection Plan. :)

So, I just had a long conversation with Kayla at 888-496-1260. She enlightened me to some things.

For the past six years, I've been getting $15 off of any of the big four plans, plus another $5 off for autopay. My two year preferred customer agreement ends in three days. First of all, the autopay discount is not available to me this time. Secondly, she was unable to get any more than a $10 discount for the two year price lock agreement.

I told her that that AntiMoz just called a couple of days ago and was able to renew at the same price as previously, including the autopay discount. Kayla explained to me that each customer was different, that DISH uses an algorithm to determine what offers are made to each customer. Then I explained that I had been with DISH forever and had never had a single DISH employee come out for any purpose, even installation. Kayla said she can't understand why it works like it does or what determines which offer a customer gets.

Bottom line, I think DISH takes me for granted and knows they don't have to offer me a great deal to stay. When I told Kayla how I was not pleased, she said she would try a couple of different angles. She came back with an offer of $20 off per month, but it would only be for 12 months and no price lock. So, if DISH increases rates, I'll pay the increase. I accepted that offer, but not thrilled about it.
Similar to my experience when trying to renew my Flex Pack deal two years ago. Only got the 12-month discount, no AutoPay discount, no price lock. The discount was not tied to the package, so that soon ended my subscription to Flex Pack. I downgraded to Welcome Pack a couple of months after that, and still got the discount.

Calling the Loyalty phone number listed elsewhere in this thread is all you need to do to get an agent in the US. No need for the Silver Protection Plan. :)
That's the number I called last night and had no problem - call was even answered in under a minute. Of course, it could have been that 8pm was the perfect time to call, but it was answered right away by a guy who identified himself as a senior Rep.

Reactions: pattykay
Similar to my experience when trying to renew my Flex Pack deal two years ago. Only got the 12-month discount, no AutoPay discount, no price lock. The discount was not tied to the package, so that soon ended my subscription to Flex Pack. I downgraded to Welcome Pack a couple of months after that, and still got the discount.

I am on the Flex Pack now and was renewed for the 24 month Price Lock keeping my pricing exempt from increasing. I have been a 21 year customer and have always been on a more expensive package until I went to the Flex Pack recently. For those existing customers with expiring discount offers, I will mention the best offer I got about 3 years ago. I was on the Preferred Customer Offer for 24 months. One day I called into the retention dept for something and the very nice gentleman I spoke with said he had a great surprise for me; $25 credit monthly for 12 months. This was concurrent with the existing 24 month offer I made reference to in the aforementioned. The name of this discount was the Dish Savings Guarantee. I think I am not eligible at this time because I am on the Flex Pack. At the time of this offer I was on the AT200 and probably 2 or 3 premiums. Just thought I would mention this for those of you who may want to specifically ask for this offer by name. Would like to hear if anyone is able to acquire this and the Preferred Customer Offer.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I called today and I did have a Preferred offer even though it did not show on my account. I accepted the offer and I am good for another two years. One thing that confused me was I would be getting new receivers next week. I have a H3 and a J3.

Why???

Reactions: TheKrell
You're probably going to get new J4's. I had the same thing, they left the H3 alone but replaced all the Joey 3's with 4's for free. And they didn't even want the old ones back and to pitch them being they couldn't be activated. So I kept all the remotes from them and doubled up on all my Joey's and added another remote on the Hopper from the old Joey remotes. I like the older style (non-diamond shaped) remotes a lot better.

You're probably going to get new J4's. I had the same thing, they left the H3 alone but replaced all the Joey 3's with 4's for free. And they didn't even want the old ones back and to pitch them being they couldn't be activated. So I kept all the remotes from them and doubled up on all my Joey's and added another remote on the Hopper from the old Joey remotes. I like the older style (non-diamond shaped) remotes a lot better.
bookworm, I have not heard of a Joey 4 and there has never been any announcement of one. If there was such an animal I would bet Scott would have announced it. Do us a favor, go to that Joey 4 that you have and press home 3 times. Then tell us exactly what the Receiver Model says. Take a picture of that screen if you can.

bookworm, I have not heard of a Joey 4 and there has never been any announcement of one. If there was such an animal I would bet Scott would have announced it. Do us a favor, go to that Joey 4 that you have and press home 3 times. Then tell us exactly what the Receiver Model says. Take a picture of that screen if you can.
Sorry, I guess I had the Joey 2's and they replaced all of them with the thin version of the 3's. My bad.

Reactions: Bobby and TheKrell
If they are giving them to you (listed as owned on your account) then don't look a gift horse in the mouth! ;)
Give would be the wrong word. Dish wants to replace my current receivers with new one's. I don't mine getting the J3 replaced being it has been a little buggy. But I don't want to lose the recordings that are on the H3. The CS rep said I could move them to the new receiver and I would have to send the old receiver back to them in a Dish provided box.

As long as you have both H3s together you can connect them together with an ethernet cable and transfer all of your recordings as well as your timers and settings.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As long as you have both H3s together you can connect them together with an ethernet cable and transfer all of your recordings as well as your timers and settings.
Correct, the old Joey 3 just had the coax connector and HDMI output (I forget if they had component out). The new thin Joey 3's have an extra USB 3 port that I haven't figured out yet and an Ethernet jack that if you can't get coax to somewhere you can connect them to your Hopper over your LAN.

Reactions: TheKrell
The new thin Joey 3's have an extra USB 3 port that I haven't figured out yet and an Ethernet jack that if you can't get coax to somewhere you can connect them to your Hopper over your LAN.
Wireless LAN adapter and Bluetooth adapter? I use one of my J3's via wired Ethernet only. Works indistinguishably to when we had it on both MoCA and Ethernet.

Just called retention # 888-496-1260.

AT 250, VIP722, VIP 612, locals
19 year customer, auto pay, e-bill.

Current total bill $134.70, no discounts, G. fathered DVR fee @ $7.

If 2 year commit, $10 off current setup. Same offer as 4-6 months ago. Did not commit at that time.

Upgrade offer; H3 with Joey, same programming, $115, including tax. $110 activation fee. She said some pay as high as $346 for H3 activation. I told her some pay zero $. lol

She first offered H w/sling for same $.

Forgot to ask about price locking.

Can I get H3 on a split arc? Monster tree in way of 72 bird.
Supposed to be on EA.
Currently on 110/119/61.5.
IRCC you all said yes in past, just mix in a 44 switch.

Still have an SD 4 x 3 TV. Won't the H3 guide be tiny on an SD TV?
Isn't the VIP guide larger print on an SD TV?

Any one got a chainsaw and a 80 foot ladder? lol

Thanks

Just called retention # 888-496-1260.

AT 250, VIP722, VIP 612, locals
19 year customer, auto pay, e-bill.

Current total bill $134.70, no discounts, G. fathered DVR fee @ $7.

If 2 year commit, $10 off current setup. Same offer as 4-6 months ago. Did not commit at that time.

Upgrade offer; H3 with Joey, same programming, $115, including tax. $110 activation fee. She said some pay as high as $346 for H3 activation. I told her some pay zero $. lol

She first offered H w/sling for same $.

Forgot to ask about price locking.

Can I get H3 on a split arc? Monster tree in way of 72 bird.
Supposed to be on EA.
Currently on 110/119/61.5.
IRCC you all said yes in past, just mix in a 44 switch.

Still have an SD 4 x 3 TV. Won't the H3 guide be tiny on an SD TV?
Isn't the VIP guide larger print on an SD TV?

Any one got a chainsaw and a 80 foot ladder? lol

Thanks
If you have a split arc that works fine for you today, yes you can do an H3 by keeping the same dish setup as you have today along with a hybrid 42 switch.

I was one of those who paid zero. I upgraded from a 722 and 2X 612's for free. I believe I also called retentions. Why on earth are you given suck a God-awful deal as that? And what idiot would pay $346 for an H3 activation? :eeek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts