DISH retention offers

Still have an SD 4 x 3 TV. Won't the H3 guide be tiny on an SD TV?
Isn't the VIP guide larger print on an SD TV?
You can do a Screen Adjustment setting to make the guide (and all other graphics) fit your screen.
You can also change the size of the guide font in the Hopper interface. Of course, that means that the screen won't show as many channels per page, nor will it go as many hours out to the right on each page. There are also Accessibility settings to magnify the guide and all other graphics even more, if you need that magnification to be able to read them.

After reading through this and knowing that my renewal date is coming up, I just looked at my account online and like others am not seeing certain things and am seeing others. But what I did find is confusing me even more. I looked for the "Preferred Customer" link that I have seen before and when clicked on, it only said that" "There are no offers available to you.". We've been D¡SH customers since 1995.

Today I did find the "Savings Guarantee", nothing else, which was set up by a very nice person in "Retention", but all it says is:

Accepted​

Offer Accepted
02/10/20

Effective Date
02/10/20

You have successfully agreed to and redeemed the below offer. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

(There is nothing listed below. The rest of the page is blank.)

That may be why my rates have been creeping up. Will have to call "Retention" again when the time is right . . .

In my account I did find the "Advanced Agent Access" in the Silver Protection Plan. What is an "Advanced Agent"? Back when I had one box for each Family Member/Group on their own channel all over the house, my 3 year old nephew knew that his programs could be seen on any TV in the house on Channel 11. All he needed was to have the Remote marked for their channel and to make sure the TV was on the correct channel. I'd call that pretty "Advanced". Is this what they mean by "Advanced Agent Access"? I have the CEO and Retention numbers loaded in "Auto-Dial".

Just re-newed my contract for 1 more year, get the usual perks of Starz and Showtime at discount rates, get $20. Off for loyalty and another $7.00 for whatever reason.
The ONLY reason I stick with Dish is because of the Hopper 3, I have a Roku Ultra Premiere and Firestick 4k , with subs to a few streaming services. Unless programming changes for the better of regular "Cable" TV channels,
I think 2021 will be the last year with Dish.

BTW. The rep didn't respond to my questions or inquiries of the New Receiver fees.....

Reactions: Howard Simmons
If it isn't on their computer it doesn't exist. They can't speak to what isn't there unless it is pure speculation.

If it isn't on their computer it doesn't exist. They can't speak to what isn't there unless it is pure speculation.
Of course, the price chart is on our computers, as many of us have posted the link in more than one thread now. However, because a more clear explanation from Dish isn't there, then all we have here is also speculation. Fortunately, there is nothing stopping us from speaking about it, though. :)

Of course, the price chart is on our computers, as many of us have posted the link in more than one thread now. However, because a more clear explanation from Dish isn't there, then all we have here is also speculation. Fortunately, there is nothing stopping us from speaking about it, though. :)
The point is even if prices are announced they aren't on the Dish computers. If a question comes up about those prices the CSRs can't answer them because the answers aren't on their computers.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
AT200
VIP612
VIP211
$87 w/two year price lock. That included taxes & fees.
That's the price we've been paying for the last two years.

I'm satisfied.
Same here. I have had a price lock since October 2016. From Oct 2018 - Oct 2020 i paid 86.45 tax, fees, everything. Now From Oct 2020- Oct 2022 I will pay 83.60 tax, fees, everything. (Even less than the previous 2 years, not to mention the upcoming price hikes for 2021 and 2022) I have AT 200 and a HWS. I'm satisfied.

After my sub runs out , I'm going back to the Welcome Pack hopefully includes local like when i left it. Upgraded to 120 pack last time , don't need it.

After my sub runs out , I'm going back to the Welcome Pack hopefully includes local like when i left it. Upgraded to 120 pack last time , don't need it.
According to this chart, Welcome Pack is going to be $39.99 per month next year, and that price does not include the $12 per month local channels price, according to the fine print at the bottom. I am sure that is just an oversight regarding Welcome Pack. (They did the same thing on the 2020 price increase chart, before finally correcting the fine print.) After all, interpreting the fine print message that way would also mean that the $15 Locals Only core package does not actually include the $12 per month for the actual local channels. So, a total of $27 per month, just for locals! :eeek

According to this chart, Welcome Pack is going to be $39.99 per month next year, and that price does not include the $12 per month local channels price, according to the fine print at the bottom. I am sure that is just an oversight regarding Welcome Pack. (They did the same thing on the 2020 price increase chart, before finally correcting the fine print.) After all, interpreting the fine print message that way would also mean that the $15 Locals Only core package does not actually include the $12 per month for the actual local channels. So, a total of $27 per month, just for locals! :eeek
Next Gen TV will disable O.T.A , more new tv boxes lol

After all, interpreting the fine print message that way would also mean that the $15 Locals Only core package does not actually include the $12 per month for the actual local channels. So, a total of $27 per month, just for locals!
Just to clear this up (not that there was really any doubt) the Locals Only core package is currently $12 per month, and will be increasing to $15 in January. Yes, it actually includes locals, even at the current $12 rate. It also includes a bunch of other "free" channels, which I just listed in a new thread about the Locals Only core package.

My new deal was not as good as I was told. It went up $18. The cost that the CSR was telling me was before the equipment fees. I tried to go back and review what I was offered and that info is unavailable now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: pattykay
Next month the first "Preferred Customer" 1 year extension of the initial two year contract (that I was forced into at the last minute with a Field Super, Training Tech, Installer and "Follower" standing there waiting to install the last and leased H3 into a 2 H3, one leased, one purchased, Retention Pre-Arranged Install. The D¡SH rep just wouldn't activate the second H3 although pre-approved. Even after the FS tried to talked to him, he wouldn't budge. I suggested that he get Retention on the line and let them decide what to do. He said OK and made me agree to a 2-year contract. Really No big deal, we've been with D¡sh for 26 years.), that I also had to fight for expires. Plus the H3 that I had to buy that was through SolidSignal is dying. Now the 2 year contract should have expired when I was forced to get in May at install, but it has come back to the date I got the original install approved in Feb 2018. I should call soon and get things re-upped.

But I would also appreciate help with a couple things:
1. The H3 that is dying, I purchased from SolidSignal. Should I bother them or call D¡SH and use my "Silver Protection Plan" to replace it?
2. If I should call D¡SH, should I call "Tech Support" now or wait until I have to talk to Retention?
3. With the new DVR Fee changes and whatnot would it be worth it to replace the leased H3 with a purchased one?
4. Just out of curiosity, what's a good window of time to contact Retention?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you . . .
. . . sf

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)