Dish Sacks Even MORE Retailers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Feb. 9, 2009 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has terminated the following retailers, who the Company believes have engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts for DISH Network® service:
  • <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Videl, Inc. (dba Radio Shack Dealer) of Juneau, Alaska <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Hamlet Satellite Systems of Seaside, Ore. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Faith Enterprises of West Plains, Mo. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Starlite Communications LLC of Fort Wayne, Ind. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Advanced Satellites of Cold Water, Mich. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Vanderbrook Group, Inc. of Commerce Township, Mich. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Mastersat Communications, Inc. of Greensboro, N.C. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Cody Pesicka (dba Circuitopia) of Hill City, S.D. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>America Trade Force, Inc. of West Babylon, N.Y. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Lacey Contractor Services LLC of McAlester, Okla.
  • Efren Hernandez of Marietta, Ga.

DISH Network L.L.C. does not tolerate illegal activity and will take action against any retailer that it believes has engaged in any form of fraud or misrepresentation in its dealings with DISH Network L.L.C.

How many retailers are there? I am sure they would not be canning these retailers if they didn't have an excess amount of them. When they do not find anymore retailers to get rid of for this reason, they will find another reason. I think this is the first step in Dish Network getting rid of most if not ALL of their retailers and selling direct to the customer so that they do not have to pay commissions. Charlie is too cheap to pay those fees for much longer. It is just a matter of time. Can you imagine how much the company will save by not paying retailers? You know Charlie has this on his mind. It's in the works, trust me.

How many retailers are there? I am sure they would not be canning these retailers if they didn't have an excess amount of them. When they do not find anymore retailers to get rid of for this reason, they will find another reason. I think this is the first step in Dish Network getting rid of most if not ALL of their retailers and selling direct to the customer so that they do not have to pay commissions. Charlie is too cheap to pay those fees for much longer. It is just a matter of time. Can you imagine how much the company will save by not paying retailers? You know Charlie has this on his mind. It's in the works, trust me.

Dish will lose a lot of customers if they get rid of all the retailers especially in areas like SD, NE, ND, MN, IA, etc. People in these areas most of the time needs to wait 2 weeks or more for a dish install from Dish and a week or more for TC's. Retailers saves Dish money by being local. Dish has to pay for their installers van, gas, etc. If a Dish installer has to drive 100 or more miles to a install or service call and Dish has to pay the mileage or gas plus wages it costs Dish more than a few bucks and pisses off customers who have sit with no TV.

This is why they may keep retailers on in certain areas where it makes sense for them to keep them, otherwise they will sack the rest of them. It is whatever makes most CENTS to Dish and most likely the more populated areas will see retailers canned. It will be setup more like a cable company with one office every county or two.

On the other hand, in those lower populated areas, there are probably even less cable companies around so lack of competition is going to make it to where many people will not have much choice other than to wait for an install. This could open up a market for independent contractors to offer their services to these people sooner but be more expensive if there is enough demand in their area.

One thing a lot of people don't understand. E*'s relationship with retailers is set up in such a way that E* never loses a single dime. Retailers are required to buy all equipment out their own pocket. They get reimbursed for the equipment and get extra back in commission for the sale and install once the job is complete. Here is how it is fool proof for E*. Within 6 months of activation, if the customer cancels service for ANY reason including they died and no one is picking up their bill. E* charges the retailer back every dime including equipment. One can see that losing a 722 here and there where this can end up, BANKRUPT, in a hurry if you cannot recover your equipment. We spend about $30,000.00 a month just buying equipment, that is basically an interest free loan for E*. Our charge backs are low, around 1.5%, & 99% of those are from people who don't even pay their first bill. I know there is a lot of shady retailers out there, but there is also a lot of honest hardworking ones also, like our company. Don't judge retailers based on a bad few.

:up
One thing a lot of people don't understand. E*'s relationship with retailers is set up in such a way that E* never loses a single dime. Retailers are required to buy all equipment out their own pocket. They get reimbursed for the equipment and get extra back in commission for the sale and install once the job is complete. Here is how it is fool proof for E*. Within 6 months of activation, if the customer cancels service for ANY reason including they died and no one is picking up their bill. E* charges the retailer back every dime including equipment. One can see that losing a 722 here and there where this can end up, BANKRUPT, in a hurry if you cannot recover your equipment. We spend about $30,000.00 a month just buying equipment, that is basically an interest free loan for E*. Our charge backs are low, around 1.5%, & 99% of those are from people who don't even pay their first bill. I know there is a lot of shady retailers out there, but there is also a lot of honest hardworking ones also, like our company. Don't judge retailers based on a bad few.

:up Like Intertech whom has handled my install and service calls.:up

Intertech has some good guys and some real slugs. The good guys are a joy to see. One of the slugs actually asked to borrow some of MY tools and my ladder.

Intertech has some good guys and some real slugs. The good guys are a joy to see. One of the slugs actually asked to borrow some of MY tools and my ladder.

Well, it has been my experience that they are on time, and the company has always called me after the service call to make sure I was satisified with the service and to call them direct if I had any issues.

How many installers does Dish have left?

I don't know but there is a brand new DN Tech van a block for me parked in front of a house and it never moves. I did a dishmover and had an installer from one of the companies E* uses and not a DN Tech. I could have had same day installation if I had wanted. There must be a lot of excess in my area of FL.

Intertech is hit and miss. Some of their guys are really good (the guy that did my relative's Wildblue/Dish Network install was GREAT), some are pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts